The vengeance of Smaug

M

mobear

this is fantasy art brought to life,magnificent........bravo

mobear

C

CDW

this is inspiring me to build a fantasy diorama :smiling3:

the whole things absolutely brilliant polux. you've got some great details in there and its hard to believe there's more to come:smiling3:

looking forward to the next update.

P

Polux

Thank you very much mates!!

My intention is now to put climbing herbs in the ruins...

Thanks again

Polux

M

mobear

so you are going that extra mile with the look,sounds awesome,can not wait now lol

mobear

P

Polux

Hi elfs and thieves!!

I asked myself if some of the Tolkien's fans from here...have seen the Hobbit yet?!

If I have time, will go the next week! Maybe the film inspires me to finish the diorama!

Polux

B

Boldman

I saw it last Friday in 3D and I don't usually do 3D movies! It was a very enjoyable movie - it has some faults, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. I am planning on goign to see it again in a theatre that is showing it at 48 frames per second to see what that is like.

P

Polux

\ said:
I saw it last Friday in 3D and I don't usually do 3D movies! It was a very enjoyable movie - it has some faults, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. I am planning on goign to see it again in a theatre that is showing it at 48 frames per second to see what that is like.
Time ago I see "Alice in Wonderland". The movie I like me, 3D not!

So I will visit a "classic" cinema to be able to see her.

I wait to enjoy equally or more than the Lord of the rings!

Polux

T

treyzx10r

Outstanding Polux ,keep it coming. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next update! This is like waiting for the next Lord of the Ring movie when they first came to the big screen!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks fine to me. Maybe it just needs pressing onto the wall more. It looks like an Ivy, which actually grow on the wall. Maybe that is was is bothering you.

Ian M

M

mobear

just looks to stiff,see if you can get it to loosen up maybe?vines tend to go all over the place but the main stem keeps to the deepest grooves in the brick work

mobear

B

Bubba

I think the same as mobear, Polux. The main stem of Ivy applies itself closely to the wall where it sticks itself with tough fibres. It prefers to follow features such as brickwork pointing, cracks or the corners between surfaces. The side shoots are more free and probe outwards from the main stem towards the light and other parts of the brickwork. As with anything, getting a convincing effect is easier when you closely observe how the real thing behaves.

Nice diorama. :thumbsup:

C

CDW

I agree with ole and Bob.... the ivy may look better if it were positioned to look more "relaxed" and clinging closer to the wall ...

its all coming along fine though polux ... keep at it my friend. :smiling3:

and Bob .... this is a dragon .... definitely NOT a dinosaur !!! heh heh ;)

B

Bubba

\ said:
I agree with ole and Bob.... the ivy may look better if it were positioned to look more "relaxed" and clinging closer to the wall ...its all coming along fine though polux ... keep at it my friend. :smiling3:

and Bob .... this is a dragon .... definitely NOT a dinosaur !!! heh heh ;)
Ha ha! :D

P

Polux

Thanks for the advice guys!

I know, I have to pressing more onto wall! Remember it's just a "test".

Perhaps will try to do a green wash, will look better? Let's see!!

Thanks again!

Polux

P

Polux

Hi all!!!

Upppsss....think I do it again...... :emo10:

The resin that I use to imitate the water, "eats" my soil again!!!! Like on my Crashed Tilly!!! This time I do it the correct mix, but I'm wrong with another thing....

It's my neverending story..... Who dares win.....but not always!

:shaving:

I'm not sad.....I have learn a new thing today.

It was one of my favorites dio, different and romantic!!! It's a pity!!!

Don't close down or lose this thread, because I don't go down, just will give up again!

I pull up the ruins before the resin "destroy" them.

At the moment I will do another dio now (different), but I will return on this one some day.

Thanks for all friends!

Polux.

Ps: in the pic you can see the resin eating my soil, just in front of my eyes. :crash:

View attachment 57968

View attachment 59852

P1010188.jpg

S

Sky Raider

Polux - it looks fantastic to me. Regarding your problem; cant you let it dry and then add the soil again in built up areas using pigments mixed with black to give you the wet soil and dry soil contrast. Im sure it would turn out as you want it then.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

By the way,, the water effect is stunning and the green slime effect is very realistic and adds to the effect nicely

Andy

P

Polux

\ said:
Polux - it looks fantastic to me. Regarding your problem; cant you let it dry and then add the soil again in built up areas using pigments mixed with black to give you the wet soil and dry soil contrast. Im sure it would turn out as you want it then.Cheers

Andy
Sorry Andy!!! I miss your post!!!

Uffff....the pic is five minuts after put the resin, you must see it half hour later......

It's defently finished and RIP (at the moment)

Thank you for your advice.

Polux