The vengeance of Smaug

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That is a beautiful little dio Polux, I love Dragons too, I have them all over the house, really well imagined and executed.

I wouldn't worry about Tolkien, he made his world up so why can't you.

Tony.

First Name
Drew
That's looking great Polux, I'm about concerned about the huge beast at the right hand side of photo 3 though!!!

M

mobear

the cats leg looks real hahahahahaha,looking very very nice indeed,i have neither the nerve of the skills to do anything like this

mobear

T

treyzx10r

Looks outstanding Polux! I'm with Colin,huge Tolkien fan myself and nothing wrong with artistic license being used!

P

Polux

\ said:
Looks wonderful. Tell us about the ruin. is it a kit or did you scratch build it.I like Dragons.

Ian M
Hi Ian!

It's a kit I found in a little shop in Barcelona. It was abandoned in a side of a dark stash!!

It's a original kit of Lord of the Rings, for a strategic game of it. And are the original ruins of Osgiliath.

In fact I bought it without think about this diorama. The other day was looking it and say...mmm, could be nice to put here! And here is!!

Polux

P

Polux

Thank you to all!!!

I'm glad if you like this "new version".

My intention is to turn all the ruins under very vegetation and water.

Ps: you all see the leg of the Ness monster..... :smiling3:

Have fun.

P

Polux

\ said:
Nice to see this old friend again - the latest additions look excellent, really giving it some character and atmosphere!
\ said:
That is a beautiful little dio Polux, I love Dragons too, I have them all over the house, really well imagined and executed.I wouldn't worry about Tolkien, he made his world up so why can't you.

Tony.
Hi Tony!

Needs help!! You are our Dragon master!! Any advice to paint it?

I have to say I'm afraid.

Now the Dragon have a primed coat, one red and dark Brown wash.

I'm thinking to do another wash, this time with dark red (not acrylic, with oil paint now), and the a dry brush finished (light red).

It's Ok?

Thanks

Polux

P

Polux

Hi to all again!!

Here you have a new update pics.

I love all about relative fantasy themes, and I'm enjoying so much doing this little dio!!!

The ruins are painted with:

Primer coat of German green brown mix with grey, then a filter for NATO tanks and finally a dry brush of titanium white (oil paint).

The lake with:

Primer coat of grey, then only some parts of the soil with light brown (to do tonalities) and finally a light green.

Thanks for looking friends!!!

Regards

Polux

View attachment 53997View attachment 53998View attachment 53999View attachment 54000View attachment 54001

View attachment 56241

View attachment 56242

View attachment 56243

View attachment 56244

View attachment 56245

P1010125.jpg

P1010126.jpg

P1010127.jpg

P1010128.jpg

P1010129.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
Hi to all again!!Here you have a new update pics.

I love all about relative fantasy themes, and I'm enjoying so much doing this little dio!!!

The ruins are painted with:

Primer coat of German green brown mix with grey, then a filter for NATO tanks and finally a dry brush of titanium white (oil paint).

The lake with:

Primer coat of grey, then only some parts of the soil with light brown (to do tonalities) and finally a light green.

Thanks for looking friends!!!

Regards

Polux

View attachment 53997View attachment 53998View attachment 53999View attachment 54000View attachment 54001
hey polux now where is a tank going to fit in here.....now back to your build looks quality as always the grass looks truly amazing top job

P

Polux

Hi all!!

Today I do a coat of matt varnish on the ruins, and primer the figure of the Bard.

I trying to go fast...because today I heard on TV, the next day 14 (december), we can see the new film!!! The Hobbit!!! I'm wishing go to the cinema!!

But the problem is....better finish this diorama before go to see it, I know myself and then I will change all... Ok, have two weeks, I will try!

Need help from the Tolkien fans (if you want to help), this picture of the Bard, is the original paint of his clothes? Is described in some place (I don't read the Hobbit friends...sorry).

Mithril Humans from Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, highly collectable metal figures.

Thanks to all!

Polux

C

CDW

Looks about right to me Polux...... leather armour/tunic, leather full length boots and a dark coloured (green/blue) cape .... don't think i ever read what colour his leggings (tights) were.

B

beav1013

just found this one. can't wait for you to finish this polux. i am a huge tolkien fan and love seeing anything tolkien related. it's coming together nicely, good luck finishing it, can't wait to see it.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Polux I know nothing about Tolkien.

But what I do know is this is going to be one superb, well built model. Full of atmosphere.

Big 5* even now!

Ron