Warrior IFV with a few bits added

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Now come on Olderthanme! This exhibition of your personal fetish has to stop!!! You should go and find your local chapter of SAA (Slat Armor Anonymous) and get into the rehab program Mike. It will help you see the light of day again............

On a serious note, I am totally amazed that you have almost completed this build and none of it has pinged off. How do you manage to pick this thing up safely? Hell, I'd be afraid to even go near it, let alone try and pick it up...

Once again, you have done an epic job on this build and your attention to detail is fantastic, as always!!! Respect Sir!!!...

Prost
Youngerthanyou

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I remember at Bovington, (ABRO or 18 Base Workshop as it used to be known). When the Warriors came through for upgrades. The hatches and doors etc were finished in a sand coloured interior if I remember correctly. When I first started at Bovi. the interior fitting were brought in from an outside source. Then at some stage in the 20somethings ABRO decided to have their own soft furnishings department as I called it and manufactured there own innards themselves. So all the vehicles being CH2's, 432's, Warriors and the imported Bisons and even the Vikings could be totally upgraded on site.
Hello Doug,
Many thanks for the info most welcome.
With the 432's we had in Germany, I can remember being given the unofficial job of 'maintenance donkey' - This included fitting the foam panels back/replaced and these were all coloured biscuit/cream, a bit like light stone, and held in place with 'Bostic' or the army equivalent, where if they were fitted over the weekend and then the 432's taken out on a Monday, the mortar hatch had to be opened otherwise the guys in the back were as high as kites from breathing in the fumes of the glue.
I have had a dig through my reference material and found the notes I should have used for the hatches. The notes were taken from walkaround pics taken by Dan Hay of the Warrior on Prime Portal/Battlefield which I had forgotten about so will be altering the hatch interior colours to match (lucky I did not glue them in place). Which just goes to show - do not lose your reference material and do not rely on memory alone..
Cheers
Mike.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Neil, Steve,
Many thanks for your comments. Neil I know, one day I will have to get out and build another subject just for a change..

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Now come on Olderthanme! This exhibition of your personal fetish has to stop!!! You should go and find your local chapter of SAA (Slat Armor Anonymous) and get into the rehab program Mike. It will help you see the light of day again............

On a serious note, I am totally amazed that you have almost completed this build and none of it has pinged off. How do you manage to pick this thing up safely? Hell, I'd be afraid to even go near it, let alone try and pick it up...

Once again, you have done an epic job on this build and your attention to detail is fantastic, as always!!! Respect Sir!!!...

Prost
Youngerthanyou
Hello Youngerthanme,
Went to the local SAA for rehab, they, after a short conversation sent me to Anger Management who refused to have me on their course because I was far too angry :sad:... I am sure that it is locking myself away in this dank dark cellar infested with rats and damp, with just the light from the candle stuck to the end of my nose for illumination that has something to do with it, plus a diet of thick grey porridge....
Picking it up is easy - finger and thumb of one hand you take hold of the top door frame, then with the forefinger of the other hand you hold the nose that sticks out..... OHhh!! you mean the model - very carefully, and yes there have been a couple of lower frames that have snapped off due to the thin resin attachment plates 2mmx4mmxguess how thick it is.... On the other side I used 2x4 aluminium strip plates but it was too late for the right side... so just have to remember to trat it with caution and keep the c/a handy...
Thanks for the kind comment, as always welcome and a pleasure to speak with you.
Have one for me
Olderthanyou.