Workbenches...

• Thread starter Deleted member 9328
  • Start date

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's a stock photo of my work space.....including the Drill Press and Belt/Disc sander.....paint booth is a temporary cardboard surround and all fumes vented out the window. Stash is located on the shelf above the bench in boxes (so Smitty can't see them!) over 700, last count. Not anything to write home about, but serves my purposes.P1011228.JPGP1011229.JPGP1011230.JPG

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Here's a stock photo of my work space.....including the Drill Press and Belt/Disc sander.....paint booth is a temporary cardboard surround and all fumes vented out the window. Stash is located on the shelf above the bench in boxes (so Smitty can't see them!) over 700, last count. Not anything to write home about, but serves my purposes.View attachment 461149View attachment 461150View attachment 461151
I see the most important bit of storage is just to the right within arms reach:hungry:;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You are very observant Mark!! That is my go to, once a week.......Just so happens it is tonight!.......'ats right folks, it's Steak and Whiskey Thursday (Thirstday to some). So when the MISSUS gets home from shopping we indulge in a little "Happy Hour" with a few different cheeses, crackers and perhaps some Summer Sausage......tides us over till later when the "Chef" (himself) gets round to working his magic in the Medium Rare department.

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I live in a small stone cottage that is 250 years old. As you can imagine, space is at a premium but, as I live on my own, I was able to turn the second bedroom into a modelling den.

This is my main modelling bench. The monitor at the back is a second one so that I do not have to turn my head to the right when accessing reference material on my PC. I have a lot of EBMA units to hold tools etc:
Daves_Den_041.JPG

To the right of my main bench is another one where my PC is:
Daves_Den_042.JPG

To the left of the main bench are more EBMA units and my spray booth:
Daves_Den_043.JPG

These are jigsaw puzzle sorter trays that I use for builds underway and on the left are my Airfix Magazine Annuals and Modelling Guides. The white unit in the middle is a UV lamp for restoring yellowed decals:
Daves_Den_044.JPG

The red toolbox contains spare paints. Reference material and plastic card is above that. Top of picture are more builds in boxes and decal drawers:
Daves_Den_045.JPG

Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Here's a stock photo of my work space.....including the Drill Press and Belt/Disc sander.....paint booth is a temporary cardboard surround and all fumes vented out the window. Stash is located on the shelf above the bench in boxes (so Smitty can't see them!) over 700, last count. Not anything to write home about, but serves my purposes.View attachment 461149View attachment 461150View attachment 461151
Rick I see you still have the photo up of a certain dubious trio !

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Completely agree Colin,
As a NOSEY BUGGER inquisitive kinda chap,i do like to see what others have arranged for themselves :thumb2: ......
..... also,i DO love to zoom in on the pics and try to see what they have in their stash,if some of it`s on view,not because i want to pinch their ideas,(My stash is big enough as it is!!:flushed:),no,it`s just because i find it interesting to see what we all go for:hugging-face: .
Cheers,
Mr Snoop,in Devon!!
I quite like it when someone takes a pic of the bench with their favourite tipple on show. Or perhaps their favourite biscuit.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Don’t leave any flat surfaces then Colin…..
Oh err yes, that's just easier said than done. We even had a delivery one day, so the large box was in the hallway, ma'am came home, and put her bag on the box (nice flat surface) I suppose just because she could ? Who knows, female of the species, marking territory ?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I quite like it when someone takes a pic of the bench with their favourite tipple on show. Or perhaps their favourite biscuit.
To Bastardise a saying from "Stella Street".....
"My name is Andy Smith and I .... am a nosey modeller"
;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Rick I see you still have the photo up of a certain dubious trio !
As I said JR, that was a "stock" photo..........here's the latest, I like to put names to faces, so I have written them all down on the back so I don't forget.......especially Mr. T......who is no longer available to "Critique" my work....so now he hovers over my bench with the rest of you good people, to keep an eye on my progress.P1012349.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Why that's old 570 "himself"......a great looking "bunch" one and all and I'm very pleased to have it posted in my work area.....I get many comments from family and visitors re: Who's that weird bunch of guys and then I get the chance to talk about the Forum and what a great support group it is for my therapy hobby and so the word spreads......at least that's the theory, anyway. :thinking:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Oh err yes, that's just easier said than done. We even had a delivery one day, so the large box was in the hallway, ma'am came home, and put her bag on the box (nice flat surface) I suppose just because she could ? Who knows, female of the species, marking territory ?
IVE GOT the same problem with my SWMBO any flat clear surface an on goes some ornaments or summit as jen has filled up nr every space there is an now she started in my OWN shed u notice i said my shed but she takes no notice an ive told her that i will chuck it out if anymore goes in an guess what yes u all got it there is more in there Aaaaaaaggggghhhh
chrisbmtb

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
IVE GOT the same problem with my SWMBO any flat clear surface an on goes some ornaments or summit as jen has filled up nr every space there is an now she started in my OWN shed u notice i said my shed but she takes no notice an ive told her that i will chuck it out if anymore goes in an guess what yes u all got it there is more in there Aaaaaaaggggghhhh
chrisbmtb
Oh yes, I can't see that happening Chris !!!! Will your next post be from your bed in the hospital :smiling3:
Rick, who's the toe rag on the left in the Cosford group photo? The only one who can't afford jeans that fit properly?!

Probably carrying a screwdriver, couple pencils, and tape , box of No 8's and half eaten bacon butty ;)
As I said JR, that was a "stock" photo..........here's the latest, I like to put names to faces, so I have written them all down on the back so I don't forget.......especially Mr. T......who is no longer available to "Critique" my work....so now he hovers over my bench with the rest of you good people, to keep an eye on my progress.View attachment 461211
God my left eye, see why I where a patch when modelling or looking at the screen.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Oh yes, I can't see that happening Chris !!!! Will your next post be from your bed in the hospital :smiling3:
(John Qoute )

YEA John you could be right there but at the moment she cant catch me with her boot on an thank goodness i think she is gettin better
chrisbmtb