Workbenches...

• Thread starter Deleted member 9328
  • Start date

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Nick i love your home made light are they leds on a strip like i have in my tigers hanger ? 12v
chrisb

D

Deleted member 9328

NO paints like frost. To much heat is not going to do them much good either.
Might even be best to keep the paints in house and take them out as you need them.
Thanks Ian. Great advice.

zuludog

SMF Supporter
Something anyone working in a shed or a garage might not have considered

Polystyrene glue, whether liquid or the tube cement, sets by allowing the solvent to evaporate, and that will take longer in cold weather.
I expect the same goes for paint, too, especially enamels

Years ago I lived in a rather seedy bedsit in an old stone built house, with no central heating and probably next to no insulation, just an electric fire I used when I was in
During one particularly cold winter it took 2 or 3 days for the glue to set properly

D

Deleted member 9328

I have re-purposed by garage workbench into a modelling one and now have an LED batten light set up ready for a new extension to my ring circuit to get power to bench 7m away. Conduit for cable ready. Treated myself to some Shadowfoam for tools I have acquired as well as bits and bobs for clamps...actually going to start modelling soon!

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Early days for me in this hobby so I'm working on the dining room table, using a home built bench I knocked up quickly with some MDF.

The light in the dining room is really good and I can move the bench to another room easily when we need the table. We only use it if we have guests as we most eat in the kitchen.

I brush paint but do use rattle cans for priming and sometimes varnishing. For this I have a cardboard box homemade spray booth in the garage.

All my spare paints, rattle cans etc are upstairs in a spare room. Eventually I intend to move to this room on a permanent basis but it will need work/furniture. That's for a later day.

It is amazing many new things I've accumulated since starting this hobby in January this year.

20220831_092654.jpg