1/16 US Tankers Vignette

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Not sure if it’s the picture Peter, but to me the face looks pale compared to the neck? Might be bleached by the flash perhaps? Detail etc looks top drawer as usual.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Tim - That's meant to be 'zenithal' lighting! - the light striking the forehead leaving the neck in partial shadow. I've lightened the pictures slightly to give a truer expression, but I might add some more highlights to the base of the neck where it emerges from under the chin.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks like he has slept in his ""Office"" all the way from Tunisia in '43 and not ironed that jacket!

Very nice, I'll bet you looked at it after finishing and thought

""Thank goodness & that does look gooood!""

Khaki pants today, another drapery fest to come.

The weather's looking a little better after the cold and rain hopefully getting better down S'aff too?

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Thank you.

Jason - Many thanks also.

Steve - I think the sculptor has gone a bit OTT on the wrinkles, and I may try and tone some areas down a little. I've been looking at better examples on t'internet and that's what they've done. Then on to the legs, and he should be done today.

Rained all night, but sunny this morning. The rain is great, as my favourite field has just been planted and it should have brought some flints to the surface.

D

Deleted member 6559

Brad is finished:

100_7097.JPG100_7098.JPG100_7100.JPG

Today, the trousers and boots - some of the detail on the boots was so fine that I just couldn't get at it with a brush. I also painted and added the pistol in it's holster, then set-to with various varnishes.

Here are the figures together:

100_7093.JPG

I will do some weathering, once I decide on the colours for the base, which will be a wrecked urban environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thank you.

Neil - Glad you like 'em.

Richard - Merci mon brave.

I decided that I couldn't be bothered to spend another day or two on a complicated base, so I dug out an old one and refurbished it. Here's the finished thing:

100_7101.JPG100_7105.JPG100_7108.JPG100_7109.JPG100_7110.JPG

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Great finish. It's unmistakably him!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Super finish and a well matched pair too.

What ever next on the bench?

Another Franken figure or a bust?

Seems to be brightening up, and the weather seems to be improving for the 1st of May

The Bank Holiday has been moved from next Monday to Friday, though for the vast majority of the UK it really wont make a lot of difference.

The attic is now too cold to do much with, and the garage is still full of the attic overflow.

I need to get both areas sorted then I can return to the bench in peace.

Have a good day with your new project.

Have a good almost Bank Holiday weekend

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

We need someone with your energy to come and sort out our attic - slow down boy! We've got a pile of stuff waiting to go to the dump, but of course that's closed so it's festering behind the garage. I'd like to hire a tip and throw everything in we don't need or use, and I mean everything, but it would probably cause Katherine something fatal, so....

Glad you like the duo. I'm so-so about it, mainly because I was expecting too much of myself. - small steps, I remind myself. One last figure, then on to some busts methinks.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Peter stunning result on the pair of them you have really have captured the likeness very well.
Excellent work as always.
Pete.