1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hi all, spent some time to day at the bench, having spent several days planting plug plants and around 100 bulbs. Looking fwd to spring !!!!

Right, to- day was fit the weapons day, nor as perfect as I would have liked on some. No doubt fitting the weapons as I built the figures would have been best, but then the problem of attempting to paint with them in the way. A couple of hands could have been better placed, but it's all fun and practice.

View attachment 399830View attachment 399831

excellent stuff Mr Race, I'll be using these as guide when i venture forward onto the T-34 I'm planning.. (just need to finish my 'Snow Panther build')

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning all, woke up early so here we go .
Yesterday was primer day used Amig One shot. I'd coated the barrel in MR Hobby metal primer along with the pe.
The barrel could do with another coat, might well do that with with the yard brush :smiling3:

IMG_20201008_154305747.jpgIMG_20201008_154248847.jpg
Glad that I didn't fix the gun part to the carriage, it was bad enough trying to get paint into some areas as it was .

Thanks for looking in . Comments always welcome .
John .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good John. Nothing like a coat of primer!

How do you find One Shot? I know it's stynlrez rebranded and a polyurethane primer like Vallejo. I currently use Vallejo for reasons I won't bore you with and so in theory should work on the same basis. Have you ever used Vallejo to compare it with?

Thanks.

Andrew

Ps anyone else who reads this please don't clog up John's thread with your thoughts on primer comparisons. This is just for John. Sorry.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks great John, a real thug of a gun....
Indeed Tim, wouldn't have wanted to be on the receiving end, or even standing near it when it fired.

Looking good John. Nothing like a coat of primer!

How do you find One Shot? I know it's stynlrez rebranded and a polyurethane primer like Vallejo. I currently use Vallejo for reasons I won't bore you with and so in theory should work on the same basis. Have you ever used Vallejo to compare it with?

Thanks.

Andrew

Ps anyone else who reads this please don't clog up John's thread with your thoughts on primer comparisons. This is just for John. Sorry.
Hi Andrew, I've used both and Amig. Out of the 3 prefer the one shot. Mixed the same, few drops of thinners and a drop of flow improver sprays ok. The only downside is that ridiculous press top, having got it everywhere the first time I used it , I now unscrew the top and gently pour it out.

Cracking start to the wet stuff. Have you decided on the camo pattern paint scheme yet??;)
Yes I spent all of 30 seconds on that decision, certainly no camo :smiling3:, came to the conclusion that it would be as you are about to see it. !!:nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This morning after 10: 00 sitting thinking of our friend and his family I decided to crack on. I'm sure that would have been what Simon would have wanted.

Previously I had done a yellow top coat , taking advice from my German expert one Dude 1 aka Allen Dewire of Bamburg I left the barrel in primer. I'd even managed to half insert that muzzle brake, luckily he sported it and a dap of debonda soon had it off and push fully home.

I had applied a coat of chipping to the Oneshot Primer , let it fully dry and put on the yellow. Unfortunately I did it too late in the day, it was going to take far to much time to do the chipping so left it.

The next morning it was as expected far too hard to attempt any chipping, so applied a spot here and there with the brush. This morning I parted the sights up black and a touch of glass Vallejo onto the eye pieces. Then when that was dry I sprayed the whole thing in gloss varnish ready to apply some weathering.

The base was prepared, I never bother with removing the glass, just cover it over with some cardboard, on top of that the 5mm foamboard. Ready to start the part I love best the street scene and building. YES
there will be FIRE employed to produce the burnt roofing timbers, !! With out further ado.

2020_5.jpg
2020_3.jpg2020_2.jpg
2020_7.jpg

2020.jpg

2020_8.jpg

2020_9.jpg2020_10.jpg

Now the base, other suppliers of photo frames are available .

2020_3.jpg
UHU glue applied to top of glass.

2020_4.jpg

Cardboard in place on top of the glass, and another amount of glue ready for the 5mm foam board.

2020_5.jpg
Back of frame, the upright legs has been removed, and a line of glue run around the board.

2020_6.jpg

Some weights, including two apprentice pieces that Christine late father , He had made these some years ago while teaching o taught the young moulders as test pieces.

Right that it, comments tips abuse in any order will be gratefully received.

Thanks for looking in.
John.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Very nice updates the seat looks very convincing

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very nice-looking gun :smiling3:

I’m slightly puzzled, though, by why you didn’t just bend open the metal tabs on the back of the photo frame to remove everything in it and replace it by something like a bit of plywood or foam board cut to size?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

I am really loving that gun, that has come up very nicely indeed!!:thumb2:

I'll be looking forward to seeing how the fire experiment turns out. Personally I think pyromania should be encouraged more in our hobby!:thumb2:

I myself am absolutely fascinated by it and spent many hours watching the flames of our campfires during our summer holiday in Dorset. Watching how the flames changed shape, intensity, and colour was almost a spiritual experience!!

That said I'm not sure an ants nest at our old family home, which had defied all normal attempts to deal with it, felt about being on the receiving end of an experiment with white spirit and a match!!!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew