1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Back again with some work done on the faces.

2020_7.jpg2020_3.jpg2020_2.jpg

Bit of a struggle to pinpoint the eyes, but quite pleased.
Comments, tips and even abuse welcome.

John.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

You have done a great job on these figures. You have certainly upped your game. If you want one small tip I would add a little more highlight to the various uniforms. You can easily do this by making up a lighter version of the base colour. Say add a little deck tan or off white, just a little. Then thin this colour down with a fair bit of water. Then apply thin washes to some of the raised details, folds, jacket edges etc. working mainly on the top half of the figure. Go slowly and add washes until you achieve a highlight effect that you like. Doing it slowly layer by layer will allow you to control the amount of highlight and to allow the edges to blend in to the base colour.

Just a thought.
John

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Top notch all round John!!

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you one and all, Rick, Steve, Andrea, John, Andrew,Tim and Neil.

The German uniforms and faces are complete, less any touching up, the Russian uniforms are next to do along with finishing the faces. John I shall remember that tip and go back over them all in due course.
These kind comments definitely give a lift to the work effort. Tomorrow I shall have a play with the Russian uniforms again using the "Lifecolour " Russian set, with the addition of some Vallejo Khaki, white and some black.

John

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John very impressive indeed, you got to be pleased with these. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well nothing achieved yesterday , went for the annual flu jab, returned home to be sick and have a swollen left arm and head ache.
Guess who's left handed ?
Being told it was to be in the left, and not given the choice I went ahead. Matron would have been more gentle !
Last night after a ramble around the forum and a read of the BB post I tried to sleep, by 0430 I got up and took some paracetamol as had neuralgia and felt like :poop:
A lot better this morning but hope no one else has side effects like this .
Might try some painting later, might not .

:sick:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
At least that one’s generating plenty of antibodies John.....A few years ago I had a blood test taken from my right arm, but the nurse insisted on sitting at my left side and leaning across me to take the bloods :anguished:. She then complained that the room had been set up wrong for her, so I said “why didn’t you just ask me to sit in the other chair” and got a look of utter confusion! Thankfully the phlebotomist at my local surgery where I get my regular RA blood tests is fantastic....

D

Deleted member 6559

Sorry not to have dropped in more frequently John. The figures are amazing. They all have that most important quality - character. Amazing work.

• Love

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I'm with the others - figures lookreally great.
I am booked in for my flu jab in October. I've never had a bad reaction in all the years I've had it so hope it will be the same this year. The vaccine alters slightly each year so no guarantee but I'm hopeful.
Jim