1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Very nice updates.

Steve J. Calm down on complementing his fine work I think he still has to set fire to it doesn’t he??? He had mentioned fire in earlier post I’m not going to give hm a “ Bravo“ till the fires out if that’s what he’s going to do.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What do burning bricks smell like?? Might take a thermal nuclear reaction to find out..........JR are you dizzy from all the line scribing yet? I'd hate to be a "Hod" carrier on this brick laying project....must be millions of them. Keep up the good work Sir.
Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
What do burning bricks smell like?? Might take a thermal nuclear reaction to find out..........JR are you dizzy from all the line scribing yet? I'd hate to be a "Hod" carrier on this brick laying project....must be millions of them. Keep up the good work Sir.
Rick H.
Smells like Hickory doesn’t???

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Outstanding Jr. By far your best piece of architecture. A real joy to see. Keep up the great work my friend
Steve, many thanks.

Cheers Chris.

Hi John
Just going from strength to strength.
Jim
Jim, thanks .

John. Very nice updates.

Steve J. Calm down on complementing his fine work I think he still has to set fire to it doesn’t he??? He had mentioned fire in earlier post I’m not going to give hm a “ Bravo“ till the fires out if that’s what he’s going to do.
Lee, thank you my friend. Don't upset him, its cost me enough already in transfers to Scotties offshore account where Steve banks. :cool::smiling3::smiling3:.

Did someone say fire? I'll just grab the matches and the accelerants!

Andrew If you set off now I should be ready for your help soon.:smiling:

Rick H.

Rick no bricks, apart from those blown by the explosion from the shell, it will be the roof timbers.

Lovely stuff John,
Really looks the part,all the patience required for the scribing has certainly paid off spectacularly,nice one :thumb2: ,
Andy

Thanks Andy, been worth it though, realised this morning I hadn't done the internals around the window and door frames, then found out I'd left the side walls unpainted as well !

2020_3.jpg

Also cut out a manhole and cover and glued it in Part of a selection of drain covers kindly sent to by Peter Gillson some time ago when I was doing the Stalingrad dio.)

2020_4_2as.jpg

Thanks for the comments they certainly help .

John.

Attachments

• 2020_4_2as.jpg
    2020_4_2as.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 0

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I like "Cotswold" but the missus says it's too salty for my diet........:crying: Roof timbers....that won't be much of a conflag JR, but we'll take what we can get. Nice Manhole cover, adds just the right touch of detail. Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I like "Cotswold" but the missus says it's too salty for my diet........:crying: Roof timbers....that won't be much of a conflag JR, but we'll take what we can get. Nice Manhole cover, adds just the right touch of detail. Rick H.
No Rick sorry not a lot of timber to set light to , but better than nothing !
Cotswold , not heard of that ?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ve never heard of it or tasted it, so I looked it up....
There you go John........

First Name
Andy
Fantastic work John, must have taken a lot of patience to scribe all that brickwork, you are a better man than me.

Andy.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I’ve never heard of it or tasted it, so I looked it up....
There you go John........
Hi Tim, never bothered with asking for it by name, used to just point and say " oh and some of that " Favorite is Stilton.

Ok that’s enough talk about Cheese John will get constipated.

Lee Ha, it normally causes farts ! :flushed::flushed::sick:

Fantastic work John, must have taken a lot of patience to scribe all that brickwork, you are a better man than me.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, it is time consuming but one you get into the swing of it it becomes automatic, I like to work in complete silence so no distractions.

Leaving Cheese Gate behind, this morning I applied another coat of acrylic wash, this time a black well thinned. Now sitting by a heater to fully dry before a very light sanding.Also did the base in the grey primer.

2020_3.jpg2020_4a.jpg2020_5.jpg

Thanks for your comments, always welcome.
John.

Attachments

• 2020_4a.jpg
    2020_4a.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2020_5.jpg
    2020_5.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1