1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
  • Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Chris and Andrew.

This morning I sanded the building sections very lightly with a foam sanding pad. You only need to remove the top layer of grey ;leaving the black and grey in the joints. Looking through my acrylic paints I didn't have the correct browns so ordered online. This can now wait while I concentrate on Simons Build.

2020as1.jpg
2020_2as2.jpg

Varying the pressure will help when the painting starts.

Thanks for following.
John.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL John been havin another look at your wall an i think its very realistic an when will we see flames ? lol
chris

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
WELL John been havin another look at your wall an i think its very realistic an when will we see flames ? lol
chris
Oh not for some time Chris, have to paint all those bricks first ! then apply some pigment, build the roof then it will suffer , on yes indeed :nerd::smiling3::smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all .
Today I made a wash up of black acrylic with 80 % deionised water and a dash of washing up liquid to help the flow. Once mixed I used a 50 mm brush and applied a generous wash to the stone sets and the wall.

Afterwards ( should have done it before ) I applied a thin layer of filler mixed with some PVA on the base again with a smear of PVA. This is just to help with adhesion.
Once done I thought I would try something I had seen on the net, the use of crumpled up cooking foil to use as an imprint. The first try was an effect was a water that was far to rough. Smoothing out the foil was better. Just need to paint and then varnish.

2020_9a.jpg
2020_4_2a1.jpg2020_5_2a.jpg
Other fillers and glues are available .
2020_6_22.jpg
Glue bead on.

2020_7_2a.jpg
"Buttered "

2020_9.jpg
Just as small amount of glue before the water was applied.

2020_10.jpg

Result, quite impressed myself. I'd seen this used on a seascape. One the filler was dry and coloured Silicone was layered on followed by gesso type to give the effect of waves. Of course I won't be having the waves, and varnish instead of the Silicone.

Thanks for looking in. Now to reply to Bob as the posts crossed.

John.