1/35 Great Wall Hobby 12. 8 cm Pak 44 .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice effect John, I didn’t realise you where doing some water, watching with interest :thumb2:
Hi Si, thanks. Thought cutting off that corner would just add to the overall look. Had played with the idea of a boat but too small an area so maybe some bits of wood floating about, as if blown in.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
great work you are becoming the master of buildings. How about the bow of a small rowing boat sticking out of the water.
Thanks Paul, mmm now that's an idea. Scratchery time me things, pewter maybe, as can't bend plastic sheet, or can I ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Si, thanks. Thought cutting off that corner would just add to the overall look. Had played with the idea of a boat but too small an area so maybe some bits of wood floating about, as if blown in.
CANT you sqeezs ina smallrowin boat John as it would set the scene off
chris an ps matron injection was bleedin painfull lol in the butt

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
CANT you sqeezs ina smallrowin boat John as it would set the scene off
chris an ps matron injection was bleedin painfull lol in the butt
Ha :smiling3: thought you would like that Chris. Yes thinking about how to do the boat.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
WOW! Awesome work JR. You really are pulling out all the stops on this one. Keep up the great work my friend
Thank you Steve, had loads of fun today after yesterday's fiasco doing that Hobby Boss.

A change is as good as a rest it is said, and how right that is. This morning and most of the late afternoon I spent painting the sets on the base, then dry brushing the wall brickwork. Now drying overnight for the next stage. The brick work will have a white / grey pigment to represent the mortar brushed over it. Once that is done them begins the individual brick painting with a selection of brick colours.

2020_7.jpg
Still a little to do to blend in the colours.

Walls.

2020_4_2s.jpg

2020_5_2aA.jpg

Best part of the build for me, as know what I'm doing for once.:smiling3::nerd:

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
This is coming on a treat. The walls and the cobbled area are spot on. Interesting method for modelling water.
Jim
Thanks Jim, yes I saw it and thought that might just work for me on this build. Suppose the colours will make it and the varnish.

John. The stone work is very convincing
Thanks Lee