1/35 KV1

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
COUNT ME IN.....
Of course my friend .
Does he really need to choose any of these? Just two or three random numbers on the KV’s turret and no other markings make it a completely generic vehicle, at which point the only question is: could a KV-1 of this type be reasonably expected to end up near a Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. F?
Yes , he being me ! it would be nice to be correct , as the Panzer was used as a scout vehicle it could have well bumbed into a KV1 moving fwd .
Subject to Steve confirming my decals are compatible that's the way I will probably go .Stalingrad and in this case Leninngrad have always been an important part along with Kursk to my interest in the Eastern Front ..
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great to see the Soviet tank saga continuing John, being a bit late so second row is fine for me.:smiling4:

Just a thought regarding the markings, does the Panzer 1 have any generic numbers and a unit badge to put it in the area of the KV-1, maybe keep the KV as is and modify the Pz markings to fit the period?:rolling:

Whatever the outcome of the markings, looking forward to see another miniature marvel taking form.:thumb2:
No I've moved you to the front Fernando , oh as to these decals it's in the hands of my German technical adviser .:flushed:.
Evening John,
Well I see the rabble have beaten me to the good seats! They look rowdy....throw them a handful of nuts and they’ll settle down:upside:

KV tanks gonna be fun.....a big chunky beast! Look forward to seeing this:nerd:
Si . Yes think your right, but they seem in a joval mood, just wait until the from row gets cold water , ice ,and snow on them anything can happen in this virtual world .
Then you may have to step in .:smiling3:
Great stuff already. Concept sounds excellent. PaulE
Thank you Paul the voice of calm :smiling2::thumb2:.
John .

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
ooo, he is off again

Like the KV's - have a Trumpeter KV1e Ehkranami, the one with bolt on armour plates, sat here that I started years ago which, funnily enough, I was looking at yesterday morning with an inkling of an idea to bring it up the to do list

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Got my front row seat bookings...seeing familiar mischevious faces all round. The tidbits have been upgraded to cake thanks to someones hungry tum. I know the T-26 track pins tipped your decision but they did give a sprue handle for easy application to be snipped off once inserted. Nevertheless the KV1 is a brute of a tank. On its own it looked rather off scale shaped like an oversized Panzer 35t. Still a brute of a tank.

Historically correct?...who knows with battles see sawing back and forth they could have passed either knocked out heaps. Doesn't have to be a recent hit or skirmish. Build on John.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sliding in to watch as well..if dr Jones will be so kind to pour me a drink
Morning Joe, yes just shout, he's doing a great job, what with research into units involved and the running the bar .:smiling:
ooo, he is off again

Like the KV's - have a Trumpeter KV1e Ehkranami, the one with bolt on armour plates, sat here that I started years ago which, funnily enough, I was looking at yesterday morning with an inkling of an idea to bring it up the to do list
Welcome Simon... Please don't look to close, about 30 ft in your case then you won't see any cock ups, mistakes :smiling2: Nothing fancy here as the snow will cover any thing that is in need of upgrading . Great stuff this snow, even better than mud !
Got my front row seat bookings...seeing familiar mischevious faces all round. The tidbits have been upgraded to cake thanks to someones hungry tum. I know the T-26 track pins tipped your decision but they did give a sprue handle for easy application to be snipped off once inserted. Nevertheless the KV1 is a brute of a tank. On its own it looked rather off scale shaped like an oversized Panzer 35t. Still a brute of a tank.

Historically correct?...who knows with battles see sawing back and forth they could have passed either knocked out heaps. Doesn't have to be a recent hit or skirmish. Build on John.

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard, oh I see what you mean about those pins, I'd have cut them off and then tried to fit ! :sad: Still I will make a note of that and put it in the box, so thank you .Seems obvious now I come to think of it !

I was thinking of having the German crew about to climb out of the tank having slipped into the frozen water and surrendering to the Russians.
I've enjoyed watching you alter figures to suit and I have so many odd ones out of sets, so thought a clear out and some fun .
.Thank you gentleman, hopefully some photos tomorrow .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think I'll just stand in the back close to the door in case things start flying
around the room again...never know what will be tossed about next.
Cheers, Rick H.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
it would be nice to be correct
What I meant is: KVs can be correct with no markings at all, or just some (semi-)random turret number (and much the same applies to German tanks, really). Since you’re not intending to build a diorama of a documented historical event, I don’t see a problem with making something up that looks right.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What I meant is: KVs can be correct with no markings at all, or just some (semi-)random turret number (and much the same applies to German tanks, really). Since you’re not intending to build a diorama of a documented historical event, I don’t see a problem with making something up that looks right.
Jakko I see what you mean, I wish I could find a photo , that would be great to do that.
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Everyone's fighting for seats John, and as usual with your threads, there's always a ton to read each time I pop in. If I don't comment, I am here at the back craning my neck.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Everyone's fighting for seats John, and as usual with your threads, there's always a ton to read each time I pop in. If I don't comment, I am here at the back craning my neck.
That's kind of you to say Peter, I think Steve is offering incentives. !
I'll get Steve to move you to the second row, less likely to get hit by flying cakes from the front.
John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
JR
Mind if I stand next to Rick in the back in case I smell plastic burning?? Great looking build so far

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, I'm ok with Lee, he doesn't drool:tongue-out2::tongue-out::tongue-out2:!!
Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR
Mind if I stand next to Rick in the back in case I smell plastic burning?? Great looking build so far
Hi Lee, no fire in this one, sorry to say, just snow and some very fed up Germans and some happy Russians .
JR, I'm ok with Lee, he doesn't drool:tongue-out2::tongue-out::tongue-out2:!!
Rick H.
No he's much younger !
Thanks guys, might get those photos up later .
The turret looks as if it's been attacked with the lastest weapon from the Germans, the TET. Bomb. It's a bit of a mess.
Even though I read the instructions I still manage to get thing either inside out or the wrong way round.
Give me bricks and windows anyday .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Forgot I had this. Could only find these three with markings. No red stars on any of them. Pics. for ref and discussion only. Rick H.329062329063329064

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
i'm on the sidelines watching this one - bet you weaken and find a way to incorporate a building on the base...

Peter

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No markings visible. For discussion only.
View attachment 329045
PaulE
Paul , now that would make a great dio !! thank you, I will bare that in mind for a future build.
Forgot I had this. Could only find these three with markings. No red stars on any of them. Pics. for ref and discussion only. Rick H.View attachment 329062View attachment 329063View attachment 329064
Thanks Rick, some damage there all right, like the hand stenciled top and the hand painted bottom on the last one. Fernando sent me sone Russian stencils, might be time to try to use them .

John .