1/35 KV1

D

Durk

Good morning John, I'd say take a link out of the A side and take a picture again. Me thinks it will still look great:thumb2:.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A hard left turn or a hard reverse to the right:smiling:? Nah. PaulE

D

Deleted member 6559

To my untrained eye the tracks look perfect to me John. You've done a great job.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Option 'B' would look the norm, but if you could get one more link out that would match most of the online photo's I have looked at, although there was one crew possibly from Outer Mongolia that fitted your subject A but with a minus... slack was not the word...
Cheers, Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi , will reply to the comments later, have been busy with the dio, now another page to open :upside:
More later.Bye

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mine too. I'm twisting my own and probably making the end fittings as well. Cheers, Rick H.
I don't blame you, I didn't attempt the end fittings on either of the sets. Shall be interested in seeing your results Rick.
those tracks..... i can't wait to see the paint and the weathering..

:nerd: Came out well , much better than I imagined. Painting has gone well.

John
Option B for me as well, looking good.
cheers
Ross

Thanks Ross:thumb2:.
Option b for me.
Anyway it's coming along nicely.
Cheers Ralph:thumb2:
Option C for me mate. That would be the replacement of wheels with ski's and two mechanical arms coming out of the side turret to hold the poles
Having showed your reply to management she said its a pity the wheels are on then, some coffee stirrers and you'd' be finished.:surprised:

OPTION B.. :smiling:
Hi John
Definitely Steve's option C although option B would do :tongue-out3:.
Jim
Jim, have you been on the Sherry again ???:smiling2: thanks.

Good morning John, I'd say take a link out of the A side and take a picture again. Me thinks it will still look great:thumb2:.
Cheers Dirk :thumb2:
A hard left turn or a hard reverse to the right:smiling:? Nah. PaulE
:flushed::smiling4: followed by much swearing no doubt. Thanks Paul.
To my untrained eye the tracks look perfect to me John. You've done a great job.
Thank you Peter. :thumb2:
Option 'B' would look the norm, but if you could get one more link out that would match most of the online photo's I have looked at, although there was one crew possibly from Outer Mongolia that fitted your subject A but with a minus... slack was not the word...
Cheers, Mike.
Mike If I could have got 1/2 a link out it would have been ok,:smiling2:

Thanks for the comments, B was the one voted for so A was reworked ad they are now waiting some final weathering. They had the Mr Hobby metal primer on and a couple of coats of browns.

The last couple of days I have been gainfully employed doing the dio base, suppose that means another page , so will post that bit later.
Both the models have been through the primer and top coat stage, I did a dark mud to the lower sections of the hull, will lighten that up as I do the weathering.

Decals, the KV ones were fairly new and posed no problems.These days I merely put a decal on the tile, followed by couple of drops of warmish water from a pipet. No more decals rolling up, thanks to Jim who I think mentioned the use of the tile.
As for the German ones......... just fell apart, old age. No comment from Mr Jones please :smiling3:

That was how they looked, the next time they went in the bin. SDo I looked In my decal store and found a few crosses and a couple of numbers plates, probably they didn't have them but they are very small , in fact from a 1/48 that I never finished because we all moved here..

The figures have made an appearance, that guy in the turret,, is from 3 seperate kits, his head and torso and one , and each arm for some others I had. The driver is from one body, one hand and one arm from the spares box, his head will be from Hornet.

The KV

Tried some lighter and darker mixes of paint as suggested in a book I have by some Spanish guy. Noe the decals are on I shall spray the models in acrylic varnish tomorrow ...........................................................................................................................................................................................
and then much to Steve's delight I m going to have a crack at thes oils. Suppose I should fit the fenders to the Panzer and get those tracks on the KV first.
Thanks for following.... of to do the dio base photos now , see you later. Coach leaves in 30 mins.

John.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
:nerd: Came out well , much better than I imagined. Painting has gone well.

Thanks Ross:thumb2:.

Cheers Ralph:thumb2:

Having showed your reply to management she said its a pity the wheels are on then, some coffee stirrers and you'd' be finished.:surprised:

Jim, have you been on the Sherry again ???:smiling2: thanks.

Cheers Dirk :thumb2:

:flushed::smiling4: followed by much swearing no doubt. Thanks Paul.

Thank you Peter. :thumb2:

Mike If I could have got 1/2 a link out it would have been ok,:smiling2:

Thanks for the comments, B was the one voted for so A was reworked ad they are now waiting some final weathering. They had the Mr Hobby metal primer on and a couple of coats of browns.

The last couple of days I have been gainfully employed doing the dio base, suppose that means another page , so will post that bit later.
Both the models have been through the primer and top coat stage, I did a dark mud to the lower sections of the hull, will lighten that up as I do the weathering.

Decals, the KV ones were fairly new and posed no problems.These days I merely put a decal on the tile, followed by couple of drops of warmish water from a pipet. No more decals rolling up, thanks to Jim who I think mentioned the use of the tile.
As for the German ones......... just fell apart, old age. No comment from Mr Jones please :smiling3:

View attachment 330592
That was how they looked, the next time they went in the bin. SDo I looked In my decal store and found a few crosses and a couple of numbers plates, probably they didn't have them but they are very small , in fact from a 1/48 that I never finished because we all moved here..

View attachment 330593View attachment 330596
View attachment 330597
The figures have made an appearance, that guy in the turret,, is from 3 seperate kits, his head and torso and one , and each arm for some others I had. The driver is from one body, one hand and one arm from the spares box, his head will be from Hornet.

The KV

View attachment 330598View attachment 330599View attachment 330600
Tried some lighter and darker mixes of paint as suggested in a book I have by some Spanish guy. Noe the decals are on I shall spray the models in acrylic varnish tomorrow ...........................................................................................................................................................................................
and then much to Steve's delight I m going to have a crack at thes oils. Suppose I should fit the fenders to the Panzer and get those tracks on the KV first.
Thanks for following.... of to do the dio base photos now , see you later. Coach leaves in 30 mins.

John.
Love the Zombies, adds a touch of reality - just get my hat and coat. Mike.

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

All looking very good John. Very interested to see how you get on with the oils...

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love the Zombies, adds a touch of reality - just get my hat and coat. Mike.
A head less driver, no wonder they went in the river, :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::flushed::thumb2: Thanks Mike .
All looking very good John. Very interested to see how you get on with the oils...
Yes Peter , me as well.:smiling5: not used them much before, just those ready mixed AK engine oil, and light mud. Going to take my time. Plenty of help on here If when I need to ask.

Thanks guys .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks good JR, are those floor sweepings I spy under the fenders and on the lower hull of the KV? Now we know where the Missus dumps the Hoover bag when it's full!:tongue-out2:
Cheers Mate, Rick H.

• Haha

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening mate,

Smashing work on the KV, it looks great. I bet making them franken-figures for the PZ1 was fun:smiling4:

I don’t think you can wrong with trying some new techniques and I think oils are quite forgiving, you get plenty of fiddling about time:thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Everything is looking good I like the tracks John and looking forward to the figs.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
John microscale has a old decal restoration product that be used with success in the past.. just brush it over the old decals, let it set up and you’re ready to go

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Just had a catch up with this JR, some great work without resorting to flames :smiling:, look forward to the next catch up

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Good luck with the oils. Remember a little goes a long way and go easy with the thinners.:thumb2::cool:

• Sad

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I like “B” also but it’s your choice

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Neat painting of the KV John, looking forward to see it all weathered and oiled.:smiling::thumb2:

Nice figs for the Pz.1 too, Руки вверх, Сукре, давай же!:smiling5: