1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I hate waiting when it comes to servicing the car and the local garage doesn't have a decent place to sit without getting an oily smudge. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks Neil, trying and most of all enjoying the attempts. Its a good job most of the two under the tractor won't be seen :smiling3:

:anguished: Sounds like a nightmare , did he survive ?
Well, he was a Scotsman, so it was difficult to tell! The company I worked for at that time was Clan Line - all ships named after a Clan & registered in Glasgow. A large number of the officers were Scottish. One miserable voyage, myself & another Junior Engineer were the only English on the ship! If they weren't persecuting the Sassenachs, they were divided into 'proddies' and 'papists' - it was a hellish four months, and afraid coloured my attitude to those north of the border for many years.................
Dave

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice base work,a good start and even better is the plan you have for the highs of the building just gold
as it helps so very much lookk forward to updates ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Frankenstein figures look fine. Really fit as mechanics. Tarp looks to have worked well. Base is off to a fine start.

That's serious research.
Kia collect your car - that's good. I had to take mine and kill time at the main dealer although to be honest I only used the main dealer as the car was due a recall. Normally I use a local garage who are great but even they don't collect.
Jim
You know me well Jim for bases, in my element now. :nerd:

I used to take the car, a friend used to come with me in his, then take me back when it was ready, so double the journey time. The alternative was a lift from the dealers into Peterborough or a long wait in the coffee area, could never decide which was worse. The last two services the ladies on reception have been very good in arranging collection , most likely they don't want people in the garage anyway.:smiling3:.
I hate waiting when it comes to servicing the car and the local garage doesn't have a decent place to sit without getting an oily smudge. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:.

Well, he was a Scotsman, so it was difficult to tell! The company I worked for at that time was Clan Line - all ships named after a Clan & registered in Glasgow. A large number of the officers were Scottish. One miserable voyage, myself & another Junior Engineer were the only English on the ship! If they weren't persecuting the Sassenachs, they were divided into 'proddies' and 'papists' - it was a hellish four months, and afraid coloured my attitude to those north of the border for many years.................
Dave

Have worked and known a few, they would often take the micky and say how they had come to save the English ! So know how you feel.

very nice base work,a good start and even better is the plan you have for the highs of the building just gold
as it helps so very much lookk forward to updates ;)
Thanks Moni, while the rest of the country goes into some sort of fever over this foot ball I shall carry on with the marking out.:nerd::smiling3:.

Dzhon.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Have worked and known a few, they would often take the micky and say how they had come to save the English ! So know how you feel.
Problem on a ship is that you can't really avoid people - It was commonly said that that a psychologist would have the time of their life, studying the behavior of people confined together for 4-5 months at a time! We all developed some form of change, especially towards the end of a trip ( 'the channels' )
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. Samuel Johnson"
Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon Mr R,
Just having a bit of a catchup and sad to see that the plastic track curse has struck again :tired:!!

The rest of it is looking good though mate…..dare say you’ll pull it all together sir :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Problem on a ship is that you can't really avoid people - It was commonly said that that a psychologist would have the time of their life, studying the behavior of people confined together for 4-5 months at a time! We all developed some form of change, especially towards the end of a trip ( 'the channels' )
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. Samuel Johnson"
Dave
The thought of being stuck like that must have made you wonder why you carried on Dave.

Afternoon Mr R,
Just having a bit of a catchup and sad to see that the plastic track curse has struck again :tired:!!

The rest of it is looking good though mate…..dare say you’ll pull it all together sir :thumb2:
Hi Si, yes the old tracks again, every time I think I can do them and then it all goes down hill :cold-sweat:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good now John. The picture of the three figures after surgery makes them look like a dance troupe though LOL….

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The thought of being stuck like that must have made you wonder why you carried on Dave.
When you're young, you can accept things, that later on in life would have you running for the hills!
There was more than average number of people that were odd ( just eccentric ), violent drunks, a few had mental problems, drink addictions. I also had the misfortune to meet sad people, lazy people, bad people & the occasional person classified as a total waste of space! The most disturbing events involved people having breakdowns, and realising that it could be you in several years time! Sounds odd now, but it was accepted as part of life at sea!
At first, when I first went to sea - communication was by morse - telegrams were used for important things, otherwise letters ( could chase you from port to port! ). Sole source of information was short-wave radio.
When I left, normal telephone calls could be made ( from the radio room ), and satellite TV was making it's first appearance.......
Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning all, and good evening to the far flung members of the colonies.
Been busy wrestling with an armoured cable to power a airstone and coupled with great weather here at Short Meadows.
Did have a supply of 0.8 timber arrive so had to have a play.
A dream to work with, no cupping or twisting , cuts cleanly. IMG_20210716_150039103.jpgIMG_20210716_151828225.jpgIMG_20210716_151836292.jpgIMG_20210717_072913039.jpg
Now this has arrived a start can be made on a floor.
More hopefully later
Thanks for looking in.
Dzhon.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking very well John. I really like the bed and tarp.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking very well John. I really like the bed and tarp.
Thanks Lee, thanks for looking in.

YMC...A? I'll get my coat :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Richard I was looking at the two prone figures and thinking just that:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:.

Too hot to do much, apart from have a YES i KNOW tidy up. Things put away, more things found.
After that I marked out the joist spacings and glued a section of foam board under the line. Tomorrow I hope to cut the joists and flooring out.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Too hot here for me. Been supporting my son in law and others who set a new Guinness record for playing rugby. 33hrs 33mins 33sec. Fancy choosing such a hot weekend. Mind you he did the London marathon a few years ago and that was one of the hottest ever.
Door looks great. Your years of working with wood really show
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right up your street JR.......joinery 101!! :thumb2: Rick H.

• Love

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Too hot here for me. Been supporting my son in law and others who set a new Guinness record for playing rugby. 33hrs 33mins 33sec. Fancy choosing such a hot weekend. Mind you he did the London marathon a few years ago and that was one of the hottest ever.
Door looks great. Your years of working with wood really show
Jim
My word madness comes to mind, I got hot just walking to the top of the garden Jim, well done the team.

Thanks for the remark on the door, I now know exactly what I'm doing for once:smiling3::nerd:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that is one good looking door,John ,looking like somethink else wit a little change to it,