1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Good luck with the burning. You really are in your element with the base. Wood and foam board. Stone sets look great. Do you press each cobble individually or do you have some kind of tool?
Jim

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Good luck with the burning. You really are in your element with the base. Wood and foam board. Stone sets look great. Do you press each cobble individually or do you have some kind of tool?
Jim
Hi Jim. I use old pencil , the eraser remover and the end shaped and do each one individually. Doesn't take very long and once you get into the zone.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely John!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the base is coming along a treat nice work so far ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
The cobbles look superb mate.
Cheers Paul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm waiting for some acrylics to do the base I've carried on with the walls. For sanding the surface of the filler I find the best thing to use is those sanding sticks. Being just the right width you can get into the smallest opening and the thickness of the stick gives an even pressure. I've tried piece of sanding roll of 180 grit, but apart form being too coarse it doesn't give a completely flat area to work with.

The faces were given a coat of very fine filer late last night, allowed to dry over night and sanded back. Then a picking out of dips and uneven parts a second coat has been applied. More drying to night, hopefully that will all be good, then a start on the windows. When they are in with the glass I shall join up the two sides and do the final coat to the joined edge. Followed by the roof.

2021.jpg2021_2.jpg

2021_3.jpg

2021_4.jpg

Loads still do do on this surface, cracks etc but coming to plan.

Thanks for looking in and the comments.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks great. You'll just have to award yourself a dog's danglers :tongue-out3:
Jim

• Love

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Starting to come together John. As always, you’re in your element when making buildings…..

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Superb stuff nuff said.
I'll give you a quick heads up you do know you need a licence to keep taking patience from saints, dont know how you stick at all that cobble work. Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superb stuff nuff said.
I'll give you a quick heads up you do know you need a licence to keep taking patience from saints, dont know how you stick at all that cobble work. Dave

Dave doing the stone sets and brick scribing is something that just doesn't bother me, I just switch off and get it done. The lure of the next stage is probably what drives me on. Bring on the paint. ( When it turns up ) :smiling3:

Great work John

Thanks Mick. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paint my Ar*e! You're dreaming bout setting fire to the whole lot......can't wait to strike a match :tongue-out3: Well, I'm standing by with the fire extinguisher and Matron has her syringe locked and loaded...........we'll be ready when the fireworks start.;) Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paint my Ar*e! You're dreaming bout setting fire to the whole lot......can't wait to strike a match :tongue-out3: Well, I'm standing by with the fire extinguisher and Matron has her syringe locked and loaded...........we'll be ready when the fireworks start.;) Rick H.
Hi Rick, that's a long long way off :tongue-out3:.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hey John, just having a catch-up. Wow. I would say that this is Gonzo. Or even Bananas. But either term just seems to fall short. Ok, so you may not be actual Royalty. But you're more like a Jedi Knight of model buildings. Yeah, that's it. An Obi-Wan. God help us all if you ever get hold of a light sabre. All of us needling you will be running like rats. :flushed:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hey John, just having a catch-up. Wow. I would say that this is Gonzo. Or even Bananas. But either term just seems to fall short. Ok, so you may not be actual Royalty. But you're more like a Jedi Knight of model buildings. Yeah, that's it. An Obi-Wan. God help us all if you ever get hold of a light sabre. All of us needling you will be running like rats. :flushed:

Thank you Ron, very kind but don't think so , just pick thing up really.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that very nice comment from Ron certainly lifts the mojo I must say.

Not much done to day as spent a long long time on the phone, " your call is important to us " and other mind numbing bull s**t to the fine folks at the Electricity Company wondering why since I had a all singing Smart meter I have lost my off peak tariff. 2 phone calls yesterday, one email and a call today and I still don't believe a thing they say . This is going to continue for some time I bet.

What I did achieve was good, the first coat of paint ( the new one that arrived the other day ) only slightly thinned with some water and a little AK thinners. Going to leave this over night to dry, then another layer. The foam will absorb a lot of the paint.

2021_10CROPPED.jpg

Also fitted the drain ( Very kindly sent by Peter Gillson , who sent me quite a few.)

2021_13.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Dzhon

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thank you Ron, very kind but don't think so , just pick thing up really.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that very nice comment from Ron certainly lifts the mojo I must say.

Not much done to day as spent a long long time on the phone, " your call is important to us " and other mind numbing bull s**t to the fine folks at the Electricity Company wondering why since I had a all singing Smart meter I have lost my off peak tariff. 2 phone calls yesterday, one email and a call today and I still don't believe a thing they say . This is going to continue for some time I bet.

What I did achieve was good, the first coat of paint ( the new one that arrived the other day ) only slightly thinned with some water and a little AK thinners. Going to leave this over night to dry, then another layer. The foam will absorb a lot of the paint.

View attachment 430420

Also fitted the drain ( Very kindly sent by Peter Gillson , who sent me quite a few.)

View attachment 430419

Thanks for looking in.

Dzhon
That's looking superb Obi John kanobi :thumb2:

• Love