1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,

Just had a catch up. That is coming on very nicely indeed.

Well done.

Andrew

PS. Do I recall fire being mentioned asv part of the build process???? ;)
Hi Andrew, yes you do indeed, read my answer to Outrunner in my replies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice afternoon at the bench, glued in the film followed by the window sections, used Gators Glue which Jim put me onto.What i'mm going to use once its gone I don't know, as it now out of production. :crying:
Very slow and time consuming cutting each section, but enjoyable. Also gave the base a black wash, this may need doing again depending on how the paint is absorbed .There might be the odd yellow showing from the foam. In that case another wash coat will be done.

2021_2.jpg

2021_4.jpg

2021.jpg

Off to have some Pork Ribs and Rice .:nerd:

Thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A Good evening From Race Towers.

Spent part of the day at the bench and achieved quite a lot of very fiddly work. Managed to prepare some glazing bars from the Bass wood, far better than the Balsa as its texture is more compressed.

After painting those parts I did some detailing on the doors and a couple of washes on the base. Increasing some of the depth as you will see. I t will need cutting back on the surface next, this will remove some of the surface black wash.

See the gaps in the compressed foam.

2021.jpg

2021_2.jpg

After a couple more washes you obtain this depth, still a few areas showing the foam.

Neater black applied with a small brush, there is a sanding of the surface next, so this will remove the surface wash from the sets.

2021_2CROPPED.jpg

The doors .
Having now had, one colour brushed down , allowed to dry, followed by a black wash. Then a 3 rd black wash coat and scribing again to the sheet .
Lastly a colour brushed on with a dryish brush and rust colours to the hinges.

2021_3TURNED.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.

Last edited:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A Good evening From Race Towers.

Spent part of the day at the bench and achieved quite a lot of very fiddly work. Managed to prepare some glazing bars from the Bass wood, far better than the Balsa as its texture is more compressed.

After painting those parts I did some detailing on the doors and a couple of washes on the base. Increasing some of the depth as you will see. I t will need cutting back on the surface next, this will remove some of the surface black wash.

See the gaps in the compressed foam.

View attachment 430877

View attachment 430878

After a couple more washes you obtain this depth, still a few areas showing the foam.

Neater black applied with a small brush, there is a sanding of the surface next, so this will remove the surface wash from the sets.

View attachment 430879

The doors .
Having now had, one colour brushed down , allowed to dry, followed by a black wash. Then a 3 rd black wash coat and scribing again to the sheet .
Lastly a colour brushed on with a dryish brush and rust colours to the hinges.

View attachment 430880

Thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.
Nice progress John the look of the doors is excellent.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all , after to days gardening in the morning I set to and achieved quite a lot.

All ready done were the washes on the brick work before the colouring, also did some grime on the top window glass with black pigment. The base had some more work done to it along with a trail set up.

Here again I shall have to join the 2 sections together after doing the brick colouring leaving the side join to have filler , all the washes and then fix to the base. Of course the side basement window cil is below ground level and this is a slight problem , might have to make a false bass to stand the joined parts on to finish the ends.
Here are a few photos of the base , building and tractor on.

2021_11.jpg2021_13.jpg2021_16.jpg2021_23.jpg2021_22.jpg2021_23.jpg2021_24.jpg2021_27.jpg2021_25.jpg

Thank s for looking in .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jaw dropping work my friend. I'm suitabley impressed. Cant wait to see the final reveal. You must be so pleased

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
That is outstanding mate a great building with lots of character, my hat is doffed.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jaw dropping work my friend. I'm suitabley impressed. Cant wait to see the final reveal. You must be so pleased
Very kind Steve, very pleased up to now, can see things that I would change like we all do but ok .

John,
That is outstanding mate a great building with lots of character, my hat is doffed.
Thank you Paul for that :smiling3: Most grateful .

More fantastic work from you John

Thanks Mick :thumb2:

All of the above! Outstanding,fantastic, impressive work.

Thank you very much Mark .

Super job, John! You really have a talent for this building lark!

Very kind of you to say that Neil, I always prefer this part of the model.The next part with the roof is going to be the challenge due the angle at the back. Looking fwd to tomorrow !

Thanks all , appreciate you commenting .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
A bit late.....but I must say that has turned out well. :thumb2: ;) Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A bit late.....but I must say that has turned out well. :thumb2: ;) Rick H.
Wondered where you'd got to Rick.
Trust all is well buddy.

It all looks fantastic Mr Race, but those double doors are mint.

Did I miss the bit where you set fire to everything ?

Hi Dan, thanks for looking in. No that's still some time away :smiling3::nerd:.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi JR, I have been logging my winter firewood........been up on the mountains behind my house cutting and skidding 12 footers down so's they can be cut and split up and dried by Fall...then stacked in my wood shed and hauled out as needed. It's the only heat I use in winter and warms you to the bone! Nothing like it in the world! :thumb2: :thumb2:;)
Rick H.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superb work John. We have come to expect no less from you. A true master, sir.
John.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John,

That is stunning. Even in close up it has defeated the dreaded digital zoom that sees every imperfection and looks so realistic.

Very, very well done.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
The others have said it all. Superb. You have a great talent for making buildings look realistic - the weathering is the best :thumb2:
Jim