1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

I'm be joining the party of have no objection.

The tracks look like the Bronco ones I did on Pz II, in that they simply click together. Is that right? If so, I found that they went together and articulated surprisingly well but that if put under any kind of tension they came apart.

In the end I lay a length of 6mm making tape across the whole length, applied some TET to each join and wrapped it around the tracks, and then let it set. It either very well that way.

Just a thought.

Andrew
Welcome Andrew, just push Steve along a bit.Looked at the tracks and made a start, well 6 links , and that is enough:smiling3: -- for now.

The running gear is the same as the T-70 & T-80 from MiniArt - and a lengthened chassis SU-76 - All use the same individual link tracks, not difficult, just mind numbingly boring. My Ya-12 was never completed and is now land fill!
View attachment 426499
This is from a T-80. I made up link & length runs for the tracks, letting some of them partly dry before forming them around the idlers/sprockets. Not complicated - just tedious!
Dave
Thanks Dave, I've got a section of ally bar like that when you mentioned it some time ago, will get it out. So will make it easier as Iv'e started but was doing them the other way up.:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The ones I've got to do have two pins that push in either side of each link so they can articulate.
Mark mine do , but they don't stay in place at all, so its gluing as we go.

John seated by Andy with my tea cup out for Yorkshire tea
Lee your supposed to be on Yorkshire Tea duty ! I'm relying on you to keep the Rabble calm.

I'm in John
Who's i/c biscuits? HobNob for me please!
Evening Neil, see Si Benson he's in charge of all eatables .

John,
I'm in mate front and centre please, can I have Ron's cake if he doesn't want it?
Welcome Paul. Certainty but don't hang about or Steve will have it.

I'd bring my Nespresso, but it's a bit far to carry.
Never mind Paul the idea was kind, but I see Andrew has brought his so all's well.

Well the hall is becoming full, the 2 Meter rule is not being used as most of us have had both Jabs and as this is virtual were quite safe.

Had quick look at those tracks, of course I started then the other way up, certainly don't snap or click together, reading Dave's post I'll get out the ally bar and do them the other way up.

Started on the engine, now as I'm going to build all of it I'm certainly not closing the bonnet , so a lot of it will be on show. In the past I've used the German mechanics set , so might do this again.

2021_7.jpg
This was the start, just 2 parts glued together, then what I consider to be a complete waste of time 2 of the smallest PE parts PE 15 ON THE DRAWING PHOTO, to be glued to the under side of the sump. They could only have been .5 mm in dia, I had them removed ok but when I went to glue them down they refused to release from the scaple tip, then when they did went in the wrong place. Now not on and not likely to been seen again.:smiling3:

2021_8.jpg

As for the plastic its so well detailed and has little or no flash, soft so you have to take care cleaning and removing parts. Instructions seem ok, at least they are clear and well drawn.

2021_9.jpg2021_10.jpg
Bit messy with the glue, but as its an engine which will be dirty don't suppose that matters that much. Have now a better glue (old ) brush to apply.

Thanks for looking in ands those tips on the tracks, forewarned is always helpful.

Comments by all means welcome.

Dzhon.

Attachments

• 2021_11.jpg
    2021_11.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Commander Race I’ll start pouring out the tea but far as the ramble you’re asking me to do a mission that is almost impossible.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
In case anybody wonders why I use an aluminium strip? It's being metal that's critical - the glue that seeps through the links doesn't stick to the ally! I have tried oiled wood strip, but eventually track links are welded to the wood - rather annoying!
Dave

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I’m looking in as well from the doorway that rivet Jones left open … watching another fine build come together as well… Can’t get past everybody to grab a seat in the front…but I shall I will keep my eyes Peeled in case one of the chaps drop a biscuit or piece of cake… Paul…I’ll take you up on that Nespresso here in the states

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Commander Race I’ll start pouring out the tea but far as the ramble you’re asking me to do a mission that is almost impossible.
I know Lee, but miracles can happen :smiling3::upside:

In case anybody wonders why I use an aluminium strip? It's being metal that's critical - the glue that seeps through the links doesn't stick to the ally! I have tried oiled wood strip, but eventually track links are welded to the wood - rather annoying!
Dave
:thumb2:

Just got the coffee on anyone else?

View attachment 426542
Well done that man, carry on.

I'll have a "Cuppa Joe" if your pouring Gerry. ;) Rick H.

As long Rick you don't throw any donuts at Steve.
Quietly sneaking in the side entrance late John, try to ignore the sound of me snacking on popcorn....
Welcome Ron, long time since I've seen you on here. Hope your well. Don't offer any to the front two rows please, we need to keep them calm.

I’m looking in as well from the doorway that rivet Jones left open … watching another fine build come together as well… Can’t get past everybody to grab a seat in the front…but I shall I will keep my eyes Peeled in case one of the chaps drop a biscuit or piece of cake… Paul…I’ll take you up on that Nespresso here in the states
Hi Joe, hope you and the family are all well. Take a seat in the 3 rd row next to Jim, well out of the Rabble.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,

Well it’s very pleasing to see you build this as it’s one I like the look of, wouldn’t mind grabbing one myself!

I see the rabble have amassed so I brought some lemon drizzle to keep them calm and rock cakes to chuck at the trouble makers :smiling5:

Great start on the engine…..look forward to seeing more :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John,

Well it’s very pleasing to see you build this as it’s one I like the look of, wouldn’t mind grabbing one myself!

I see the rabble have amassed so I brought some lemon drizzle to keep them calm and rock cakes to chuck at the trouble makers :smiling5:

Thanks So, hope your all well. Yes the engine is a really fine section, you'd love the tracks, I'm not going to enjoy that part at all, in fact off to look for some Fruils !
Love to all .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Evening John,

You start throwing lemon drizzle cake around Simon and my wife might start to take an interest in this hobby!!!! ;) :smiling2: