1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I’m looking in as well from the doorway that rivet Jones left open … watching another fine build come together as well… Can’t get past everybody to grab a seat in the front…but I shall I will keep my eyes Peeled in case one of the chaps drop a biscuit or piece of cake… Paul…I’ll take you up on that Nespresso here in the states
I'll throw a few pieces of popcorn your way Joe.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
That engine is looking nice. A few wires and pipes and a good weathering with muck and oil and it will be perfect. As for tiny bits of PE :sad: I reckon they are only there to drive us demented. Maybe a Steve or a Mike would stand a chance of getting them fixed correctly but for most of us it is simply a waste of time!
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
tracks, I'm not going to enjoy that part at all, in fact off to look for some Fruils !
John,
give the plastic bits a try - just think of the cost of the Fruils!! It's not a long model, there aren't that many links per side.
tracks.jpg
Just think of assembling link & length tracks! - only the length parts are created by yourself!
Give it a try, there's nothing to lose!!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
That engine is looking nice. A few wires and pipes and a good weathering with muck and oil and it will be perfect. As for tiny bits of PE :sad: I reckon they are only there to drive us demented. Maybe a Steve or a Mike would stand a chance of getting them fixed correctly but for most of us it is simply a waste of time!
Jim
Thanks Jim, going to try some wiring when the whole engine is built and I see how much room I have in the bay.

John,
give the plastic bits a try - just think of the cost of the Fruils!! It's not a long model, there aren't that many links per side.
View attachment 426555
Just think of assembling link & length tracks! - only the length parts are created by yourself!
Give it a try, there's nothing to lose!!
Dave
Morning Dave, been busy fitting a new filter in the pond so just had a quick look in here. The Fruils appear to be for a different version so the plastic will have to be. Will get out the ally bar later. :thumb2:

Dzhon.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey, just a few days in and page 3 already!!
Interesting subject and I shall be watching closely.... Never done a tractor before.
Carry on...... ;)
Andy

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Blimey, just a few days in and page 3 already!!
Interesting subject and I shall be watching closely.... Never done a tractor before.
Carry on...... ;)
Andy
Greeting my friend, yes on the 3 rd page, 1 on the build and 2 on discussions about what the Rabble are requiring to eat and drink, don't you just love it :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yeah, You'd think this was a modeling forum the way things are going.....I'll have another spot of "Joe" there Gerry. :tongue-out3: Wiring sounds good.....did my first engine wiring back in my high school days....adds a lot of interest to the build. :thumb2: Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Spectators. From your Rabble Moderator When Mr. Race starts the “Wiring”. Keep the Rabble at zero please he may cross a wire and cause a spark and this place will go up like a Tender Box.

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yeah, You'd think this was a modeling forum the way things are going.....I'll have another spot of "Joe" there Gerry. :tongue-out3: Wiring sounds good.....did my first engine wiring back in my high school days....adds a lot of interest to the build. :thumb2: Rick H.
Indeed you would Rick :smiling3:,no wiring as of yet, but my technical director ( Dude 1 of Bamburg.) has told me where to look as it is a US engine built under licence.

Spectators. From your Rabble Moderator When Mr. Race starts the “Wiring”. Keep the Rabble at zero please he may cross a wire and cause a spark and this place will go up like a Tender Box.

Yes indeed you are quite correct Lee, there is always a chance of a spark , its a dangerous time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No where near the wiring , but the engine is finished.

2021.jpg

2021_4.jpg

2021_3.jpg

Nice to build, plenty of detail , can't help the over gluing, try as I may it never happens to stay clean. Too little and the part fall off :smiling3:

Tracks, yes made a start using the method Dave mentioned, soon found the ally lengths and carried on.

2021_2.jpg

Not easy, don't know what will happen when I come to the curved part, think I'll just take my time and use some Revell Contactor at that point.

Now the arms things for the suspension, about the most difficult thing I have tried to assemble, fell apart more times then I can to remember as there was no call for glue until the final placement of some top clips things. I've tried a suspension arm and it fits !
2021_5.jpg
If any of those top plates are wrong I'll do better on the next 4 ! At this point there was some swearing .

Thanks for looking in, comments by all means .

Dzhon.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A very nicely detailed engine JR. Great work on the tracks. It all looks pretty good mate. Keep it comin

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It's a Jimmy (GMC) 4-banger sent in quantities to Russia in the Lend-Lease Act. These and a whole lot of other things like tanks, armored recon cars, trucks and the like. The engines enabled the factory to start producing these tractors again with little modifications.....

Dude 2, I did warn you about the torsion bar units. Just take your time and glue them in place, unless of course you want to set this puppy on uneven landscape. Nice job on the motor and the tracks Buddy!!! Are you having fun yet???

Prost
Dude 1

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking good John, makes me feel like digging one of my cars out of the stash... but not yet, too many unfinished projects at the moment:disappointed2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking good so far, John. I did say the torsion bars were a bit tricky! The knack with the sprockets & idlers is gluing thr right numbers of links together on the bar, allowing to dry for a few minutes, then peeling off whilst still flexible, and forming around the sprocket/idler
Dave