Mike.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It could have said something else !!!!!!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Might be interesting to some this afternoon I took my Ultra Mat varnish , shook it then poured through a filter into shot cup.
Remember this had been shaken and had 2 s/s ball bearings in. Yet still there were lumps of varnish ,no wonder the ab would stop .

IMG_20200118_184032468_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpgIMG_20200118_184153964.jpg

Will continue to do this with all varnishes in future.
John

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Might be interesting to some this afternoon I took my Ultra Mat varnish , shook it then poured through a filter into shot cup.
Remember this had been shaken and had 2 s/s ball bearings in. Yet still there were lumps of varnish ,no wonder the ab would stop .

View attachment 370200View attachment 370201

Will continue to do this with all varnishes in future.
John
Hello John,
That looks a disgusting mess, does your mommy still know you are doing this.....?
Not had that problem with my Ultra Matt, although If I try Vallejo it is like trying to spray treacle even when thinned. I am near the bottom of my bottle and just given it a shake and all looks well, then poured some out onto a tissue, again no problem. Wonder if it is the varnish sticking to your ball bearings and causing the buildup.
Cheers,
Mike.

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello John,
That looks a disgusting mess, does your mommy still know you are doing this.....?
Not had that problem with my Ultra Matt, although If I try Vallejo it is like trying to spray treacle even when thinned. I am near the bottom of my bottle and just given it a shake and all looks well, then poured some out onto a tissue, again no problem. Wonder if it is the varnish sticking to your ball bearings and causing the buildup.
Cheers,
Mike.
No ! :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:.

Could be that, the cave is kept at no lower than 10c 50F , I

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This is taking some time to finish as still waiting for some stock to come in from John, mud application is really the thing holding up the water. Don't know how transparent the water would be, personally don't thing you would be able to see much below a couple of inch's /50 mm, but I need to put the mud around the water line first.

Have achieved a little using the last dregs of mud around the top of the fenders and stuffed some 12mm grass into the gap under them. When the pour starts I will have to add pieces of vegetation that have been caught up around the tank.

20202 21.jpg

2020 20.jpg

2020 19.jpg

Might tone down that green on the grasses.
Thanks for looking in .

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John this is coming together very nicely indeed, now the fun part water and mud.
I have my fingers crossed good luck with it.
Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John this is coming together very nicely indeed, now the fun part water and mud.
I have my fingers crossed good luck with it.
Pete.

Cheers Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Had a good day in the cave, i've been busy painting seafoam sections for a day or so , adding the trunk colors and today the leaves. Also adding grasses to the base , but this late afternoon I start to add the water.
Mixing in a little dark umber brown from Vallejo as I went. Using Precision Ice and Snow Water, a two part acrylic material which is great, used it before, no smell or heat !

Of course I've run out , b****r, but hey ho that's life. Unfortunately Scale Model Shop doesn't stock it anymore so have gone direct.

2019.jpg
2019_2.jpg2019_2.jpg

2019_3.jpg2019_3.jpg

2019_4.jpg2019_4.jpg

2019_10.jpg

Hopefully no leaks ! Will top up the level when stocks arrive .
Thanks for looking in.
John.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

That really is very good indeed.

Keri up the good work.

Andrew

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John,
If you cannot get new stock try Vallejo Water Texture acrylic No. 26.320 Still Water. Self levelling and clear as crystal.
But my the fiolage looks damn good, what did you use for leaves on the Sea Foam?
Cheers,
Mike.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks interesting John, nice work on the jungle :thumb2:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Love it John, awesome work all around!
Rust effects and veg are top notch :thumb2:

Reminds me a bit of my "How to hide your Elephant" dio from the days of yore :thinking:

Great job Bub, Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow JR, I can't see the KV for all the trees! That baby is almost overgrown. It is a smashing scene...all you need now is a few birds flitting and sh*ting about and all will be right in the world! Cheers mate :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

That really is very good indeed.

Keri up the good work.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.

John,
If you cannot get new stock try Vallejo Water Texture acrylic No. 26.320 Still Water. Self levelling and clear as crystal.
But my the fiolage looks damn good, what did you use for leaves on the Sea Foam?
Cheers,
Mike.
Mike, cheers, I've used that Vallejo before, tis good , only problem for me was the depth that you can pour per application.
Used various mixes mainly Scenics and Nock. I used the spray and then let the scatter fall, another way was with the WWS . Putting the scatter on the plate, spraying the seafoam and connecting the lead and holding the seafoam above,
62911_6556496i.jpg
Both messy !

Looks interesting John, nice work on the jungle :thumb2:
Thanks Steven , makes a change from rubble :smiling:

Love it John, awesome work all around!
Rust effects and veg are top notch :thumb2:

Reminds me a bit of my "How to hide your Elephant" dio from the days of yore :thinking:

Great job Bub, Jim
Thanks Jim :thumb2:
Wow JR, I can't see the KV for all the trees! That baby is almost overgrown. It is a smashing scene...all you need now is a few birds flitting and sh*ting about and all will be right in the world! Cheers mate :thumb2:
Rick thanks buddy:smiling::smiling::smiling:Parrot maybe ?

John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding!!! Luv it a lot mate. She certainly looks the part buried in the bog. Looks like you had a lot of fun with this one. Great stuff