SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Amazing John! Great work on the dio.
Pete

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John cracking work on the garden and the tanks not bad either. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Pete.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Outstanding!!! Luv it a lot mate. She certainly looks the part buried in the bog. Looks like you had a lot of fun with this one. Great stuff
Thanks mate, yes did indeed have fun, after the effort to seal it it is nice not to have any leaks. Just need to top up the water and then call it done.

That's really nice work John - love it!
Thanks Ali.

Amazing John! Great work on the dio.
Pete
Thanks Pete.

Top stuff that man!
Peter, no figures unfortunately, or in my case fortunately. :smiling2:

Hi John cracking work on the garden and the tanks not bad either. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Pete.
Thanks Pete, about to start your Toon Birthday Present .:thumb2:.

D

Deleted member 7237

Thanks mate, yes did indeed have fun, after the effort to seal it it is nice not to have any leaks. Just need to top up the water and then call it done.

Thanks Ali.

Thanks Pete.

Peter, no figures unfortunately, or in my case fortunately. :smiling2:

Thanks Pete, about to start your Toon Birthday Present .:thumb2:.
Are you going to post it on the forum, just enjoy it and have a bit of fun.
Pete.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Are you going to post it on the forum, just enjoy it and have a bit of fun.
Pete.
Yes Pete, I think so, don't imagine I can do the justice you do to them but I shall enjoy the build.

D

Deleted member 7237

Yes Pete, I think so, don't imagine I can do the justice you do to them but I shall enjoy the build.
My head's up on some of the bits with the rubber band tracks give them a good wash in warm soapy water and if you got any wire wool just give him a buff after drying before painting.
The main locating pins cut them a bit shorter than they then you can take the top and bottom parts apart easily.
Pete The Toon Master.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My head's up on some of the bits with the rubber band tracks give them a good wash in warm soapy water and if you got any wire wool just give him a buff after drying before painting.
The main locating pins cut them a bit shorter than they then you can take the top and bottom parts apart easily.
Pete The Toon Master.
Right understood thanks for that Pete.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
That Sir is most excellent :thumb2: That Precision I & S water is good stuff. My only issue with it is that it seems to set to a rubbery consistency. Looking forward to the next pour.
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John
That Sir is most excellent :thumb2: That Precision I & S water is good stuff. My only issue with it is that it seems to set to a rubbery consistency. Looking forward to the next pour.
Jim

Hi Jim - it is clear silicone rubber, rather than resin, which explains the rubbery nature of the finished result.
I really like the stuff - tints easily with pigments, makes ice when mixed with their snow products and no noticeable shrinkage

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Jim
Thanks Jim, get where you are coming from on the rubbery bit, but it is as Simon says a silicone. My thoughts are it doesn't smell , or shrink, and that for me is differently a winner.

Hi Jim - it is clear silicone rubber, rather than resin, which explains the rubbery nature of the finished result.
I really like the stuff - tints easily with pigments, makes ice when mixed with their snow products and no noticeable shrinkage
:thumb2:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
John... WOW that is absolutely stunning.... the level of weathering and the aging of the tank is fantastic...

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
John,
glad that I found this thread... FANTASTIC rusty , aged end result.. well thought out and constructed, painted, weathered, etc...which resulted in a superb ending..you never disappoint my friend

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
glad that I found this thread... FANTASTIC rusty , aged end result.. well thought out and constructed, painted, weathered, etc...which resulted in a superb ending..you never disappoint my friend
Good to see you Joe, thanks for looking in.:thumb2: