1/35 Scale Shadow box Dinner on the front line from Miniart.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Fantastic workmanship John, and I was thinking I was working on a small,fiddly model, it's nothing compared to what you are doing. Pay no heed to the TBC as us UTB men have to keep trying to convert them. ;)

Andy.
That's kind of you to say Andy, at least there isn't a chassis, God I hate those :confused:.As these parts are mainly on their own I can cope !
The TBC are now outlawed here ! I just can't help being untidy while I'm in full build mode :nerd:.

Great progress John , maps look spot on.....did you make them up?
figures coming along nicely :thumb2:

Love the bacon and eggs and other bits....great touch but now I’m hungry :hungry:
Always extra impressed with what you achieve mate :nerd:
Hi Si, thank you.
The maps are taken from WW2 Russian /German images on Google. I tried to reduce them and make the whole map 1/35, but failed. Can't find the program I once used. So did a print out and picked a detailed section and cut it out .
The eggs and bacon have come out better than I hoped , just did a dot of Vallejo filler for the eggs, and a slight worm for the bacon allowed to dry and then painted.
More figure work to day .

this is very nice work hear John love the stove and all the food ,
Hi Moni, pity it's not in smelly vision, that smell of bacon gently frying !

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
As Tim so rightly says it is the little details that bring this to life and raise it to the next level. Truly great work.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Loving it John - top work !!
Thank you Nick, nice to see you.

Hi John
As Tim so rightly says it is the little details that bring this to life and raise it to the next level. Truly great work.
Jim
Thanks Jim.

Extra fried bread with my bacon and eggs please John!
Looking great.

Pete
Would you mind getting in the queue, Scotties just being served. Cheers Pete.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Fantastic work Dzohn, it's all the little details like the food & the maps that are really making the build.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great work john , the eggs and bacon are looking really tasty although only 2 rashers of bacon for all those hungry ivans , its going to kick off when its serving up time , especially if theyve been hitting the Vodka ! ( that Samovar isnt full of tea!) cheers tony ( UTB club subscriber )

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Fantastic work Dzohn, it's all the little details like the food & the maps that are really making the build.
Thanks Graeme, a lot of these details just come to mind as you progress.

Anything is better w/bacon.:hungry: PaulE
Totally agree Paul.

Great work john , the eggs and bacon are looking really tasty although only 2 rashers of bacon for all those hungry ivans , its going to kick off when its serving up time , especially if theyve been hitting the Vodka ! ( that Samovar isnt full of tea!) cheers tony ( UTB club subscriber )
Bacon is reserved for the cooks friends , IE Members of the UBC !

I'll have sausages with my eggs please, John......fried bread sounds good also. Rick H.
Right Rick, the breads quite fresh so will be perfect. one or two slices ?

I trust you are going to put one of your bulbs in the stove, since nobody wants cold eggs.

John
Hi John, yes bulbs are ready, two types, both flickering .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More later as have to conduct some major surgery on an arm ( Not mine ) need to alter the angle of a left arm to look as if he's holding the frying pan . If it's never mentioned again don't ask :smiling: .

Dzhon.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hmmm,yeah...... s`not bad,just one thing tho`......
....... WHERE`S THE BEANS?!!!!
Ha! Just kidding there John,the guy`s have said it all,but to add my Groat`s worth ........
Lovely work indeed,a full range of modelling skills required which ALWAYS makes for an interesting Dio:thumb2: ,loving what you`re doing here Sir....
TOP NOTCH:cool:,
Andy

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings, the recent comments met with explosive !!! :smiling3::smiling3::nerd: laughter here in the bunker.
As Tim rightly said . "beans are classed as chemical warfare and are therefore outlawed under the Geneva convention! "
Thanks Andy.

Hmmm,yeah...... s`not bad,just one thing tho`......
....... WHERE`S THE BEANS?!!!!
Ha! Just kidding there John,the guy`s have said it all,but to add my Groat`s worth ........
Lovely work indeed,a full range of modelling skills required which ALWAYS makes for an interesting Dio:thumb2: ,loving what you`re doing here Sir....
TOP NOTCH:cool:,
Andy

Beans....you want beans! Haven’t you seen blazing saddles! The effect in that dugout could be catastrophic!

:smiling:
An interesting fact about that. It was the first film passed by the British board of Film Censors to allow Farting on the big screen :smiling3:
:surprised::sick:
Bunker busters are conventional weapons....beans are classed as chemical warfare and are therefore outlawed under the Geneva convention!

Rightly so Tim. Though rushing into a dug out and farting would probably cause as much panic as a direct hit.:smiling3:

Not in our house!!!

Or here for that matter Andy, I train regularly with the All England Free Farting Club based here in the cave ! :nerd:

You guys crack me up !!!

Glad to make you laugh, Nick this is the type of post you can expect from the above members of the Rabble.