1/35 Scale Shadow box Dinner on the front line from Miniart.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
Excellent progress report, I can see you’ve been busy with that lot! Really starting to get a feel of the setting and I like it :thumb2:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
realnice work hear John,looking so good keep it up

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very, very , VERY nicely done so far John.

A top effort.

All the best.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
He even had Christine as a secret agent, checking up on me !
(JOHN RACE QUOTE )
COR BLIMEY John im sure thats not true as thats very underhand of the TBC LOL :rolling: :smiling:
Chris
Indeed it's true Chris, she was spying and would attempt to catch me out. I feel Jim and the TBC were behind it.
Nice progress John, interesting project :thumb2:
Steven
Thanks Steven seems very slow working on the kit.

Evening John,
Excellent progress report, I can see you’ve been busy with that lot! Really starting to get a feel of the setting and I like it :thumb2:
Indeed I have Si, sent into the cave for a couple of hrs again tonight.

realnice work hear John,looking so good keep it up
Thanks Moni.

John, that is looking great, messy eaters by the look of the floor. ;)

Andy.
Aren't they just Andy, they'll need straw next !

Super work John.

I recognise the chair and stool, same ones in my kit :smiling3:

:smiling3: Not bad are they Andy.

Very, very , VERY nicely done so far John.

A top effort.

All the best.

Andrew

Thanks Andy, really enjoying it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day spent doing the smallest bits and pieces, mainly a large sausage , slicing in up and then painting.Along with paint on the binoculars, ammo pouches and for a joke some eggs and bacon in a pan on the stove.
Highly unlikely event really but thought you would like it.

First photo, painting figures.

2020_4.jpg
Keeping the right arms with the body resulted in using tubs for each figure. I've put the offices in to soak overnight as didn't like the colour of the jacket and trousers.

2020_3.jpg2020.jpg
:smiling3::smiling3:

2020_2.jpg
The knife on the right was from the PE set, The plate ( on the right ) was supposed to go under the stove, but can't as the light will come up through the floor, so used it as a plate.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.

Dzhon in the Bunker.

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
John this is fanstastic all the detail of havin summit to eat really like the frying pan with the bacon an eggs in an all the pots an plates knives an spoons this just out of this world for detail you have really put in a hell of a lot of effort here an i think its one of the best dios ive seen to date REALLY WELL DONE an looking forward to more as this is showin what it really was like in them times AGAIN WELL DONE SO FAR
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John this is fanstastic all the detail of havin summit to eat really like the frying pan with the bacon an eggs in an all the pots an plates knives an spoons this just out of this world for detail you have really put in a hell of a lot of effort here an i think its one of the best dios ive seen to date REALLY WELL DONE an looking forward to more as this is showin what it really was like in them times AGAIN WELL DONE SO FAR
chris
Thanks Chris. :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
This is going from excellent to beyond excellent. Superb work.

Indeed it's true Chris, she was spying and would attempt to catch me out. I feel Jim and the TBC were behind it.
We at the TBC will go to any lengths to maintain the standards and integrity of the club. Our Special Operations Department (SOD) has developed various undercover methods to ensure that only genuine, honest membership applications are considered. Mr Race has, in the past, tried frequently to gain membership by what can only be described as fraudulent means.
We at the TBC remain vigilant.
Proff. B D I Onyoo (TCB SOD)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Outstanding work mate can I have two eggs with my bacon.
Right Paul, sunny side up ? Thank you .

Hi John
This is going from excellent to beyond excellent. Superb work.

We at the TBC will go to any lengths to maintain the standards and integrity of the club. Our Special Operations Department (SOD) has developed various undercover methods to ensure that only genuine, honest membership applications are considered. Mr Race has, in the past, tried frequently to gain membership by what can only be described as fraudulent means.
We at the TBC remain vigilant.
Proff. B D I Onyoo (TCB SOD)

Thanks Jim.:smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tales from the Bunker.

Today saw the figures in paint, last night I'd cleaned off a lot of the paint on the officers uniforms, I just didn't look right.

Working with A-mig, Vallejo and life colour I started. Leather belts, webbing belts, shirts and vests were slowly done.
Once the belts and uniform colours were dry I glued on the arms and applied a thin line of Vallejo filler. Then with a semi wet brush blended it in.

The high light was drilling out a hand starting with a .4, .6 and finally 1mm, cutting half the handle off and gluing it in.

2020.jpg
2020_2.jpg
2020_4.jpg

Also did some maps .
2020_3.jpg

Now I can attempt the detailing on the uniforms, medals etc, oh and heads !

Once this is done I can start to play with the placement of figures, and the seating.
Then on with the upper half and the lighting, so much needing to be done at the same time as assembly continues.

As always thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.

Last edited:
First Name
Andy
Fantastic workmanship John, and I was thinking I was working on a small,fiddly model, it's nothing compared to what you are doing. Pay no heed to the TBC as us UTB men have to keep trying to convert them. ;)

Andy.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Great progress John , maps look spot on.....did you make them up?
figures coming along nicely :thumb2:

Love the bacon and eggs and other bits....great touch but now I’m hungry :hungry:
Always extra impressed with what you achieve mate :nerd:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is very nice work hear John love the stove and all the food ,