1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Airfield Water Bowser By Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Buddy,

Once again, I'm late to the party. This little thang is great and a real fine job you've done on the scratch work in this tiny scale!!! Panzer gray, all the way, unless it was still being used in late '43. Then it might have gotten a repaint in dark yellow. Top work Rick!!!

BTW, why did you name it with a dog's name??? Ya know like, "Here Bowser, here Bowser, fetch the stick"...........I am starting to worry about you my friend...................

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Woof Woof Allen...bright as a 40 watt bulb ;) LOL. I think that is what they called it on the website I found it on. If I understand the history of these things, they were used in occupied countries...sort of pressed into service wherever needed. At any rate they are of French manufacture in the illustrations I have. So I would assume that they could be Panzer Grey or that "funny" word yellow since the Luftwaffe was still in France after 1943. My concern was that I really couldn't tell from the second photo I posted in this thread if it was a washed out PG that was very dusty or the "funny" yellow that was used after 1943. Paul E. settled that question..........so grey it is. Woof Woof!! Buddy and thanks for coming by, much appreciated.:thumb2: Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Colour is spot on for me Rick. It will come to life with the detail painting. How would you feel about doing the tank part in light grey and weathering it so it looks like the colour of an old water tank you would find in the attic?? Step too far?? Whatever, its gonna look epic. Keep it coming my friend

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Late to this fab bit of work Rick

Cracking sir! Panzer grey was still around but yellow had taken over

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Mr. Jones.....I'll have to give that a think. Thanks for dropping by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Bob.....you are right. I think Paul E and the fact that France was occupied early in the war is what finally motivated me to go with Panzer Grey. Glad you like it and thanks for looking in. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Rick, sorry I'm rather late, my excuse is I've not been around due to gardening !

Very neat, liking the rail around the top, nice and straight .:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks JR......you are forgiven as I know this is your time of year to be out tweeking Mother Natures Hoo Haws to get your garden growing.........have fun with that. Glad you stopped by. Rick H.

• Love
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Andy.....I really enjoy building in this scale. The lack of kits has forced me to become inventive when it comes to putting something together with no instructions or scale drawings to work from. :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick,

Just had a big catch-up. That really is a stunning conversion at any scale, let alone this 1/87.

This really is a top, top job.

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andrew. more often than not, if you want to build in this scale you will soon realize that "Kitbashing" and "Scratch building" becomes a way of life. :thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gerry and Jim....still needs some washes and a bit of highlighting. Glad you both like it. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee.......it's starting to get closer. :thumb2: Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Lovely!