1/87 Scale Red Ball Express Dio

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well here are the deucenahafs. They will be part of the Red Ball dio. as engineers needed winch equipped ones. The Beeps went one to Chem. Mortar section & one went to the engineers.
100_3068.JPG
You may remember the 4.2 Chem. Mortar dio. I reassigned a Beep to the engineers so one new one went there & one went here along with smoke generating section.
100_3069.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Buddy,

I have been following this miniscule madness with wide eyes open and can only love every minute of it. Haven't been very active of late and have to say....Top work Sir!!! I do hope all is well in downtown Ohio, the Camaro is safely parked in the garage and you guys are safe and sound as well. Now get outside and shovel the damn walk and driveway!!!!..............If you have any snow that is...............

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I can feel your pain Bro. Threw a pair of 70 skins on the rear my Merc comet and in a rain storm, did a couple of 360's on the quickway (Rt. 17) in the summer. Felt pretty dumb looking at the oncoming traffic next to the guardrail. Didn't hit it though.......Now what you really need is one of our new toys,

DSC_0305.jpg

Goes anywhere in any weather or terrain. It even swims on water at 3-4 kph. Toyota 4-banger, auto tranny, all time 4WD and loads of fun. Think about as it's a head turner wherever you go......Just saying Paul.............BTW, that's a Jeep Wrangler behind it..........................

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Been there done that and got the T-shirt!.........brodied my '68 Vette a couple of times....those old Stingrays don't handle for Sh*t!! Here's what I use now to facilitate the hard to handle corners.......takes a 45 @ 70 mph+ no prob!P1010536.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen, I push snow with a Quad all winter long...even has chains on all four corners......because I live on a Mountain and my drive way (1/8 mile long) is a bit steep. yes just as Pauls Camero, the Vette is parked and covered up for a long Winter nap.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Paul, The snorkel is part of the Jeep Wrangler. The quad doesn't have one.......The air filter is mounted high enough under the hood. The orange quad also has two brothers that swim too,

DSC_0316.jpg

And you can transport them on a normal trailer,

DSC_0330.jpg

Sorry for getting off topic buddy and Happy Birthday too!!!!!!!!!

Prost
Allen

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This, 2022, is a WWII German year so this dio will be on hold till the Train Layout is removed. Red Ball convoy candidates, recovery/maint. section, MP element, & AAA section are illustrated below.
100_3075.JPG
100_3076.JPG
100_3077.JPG
100_3078.JPG
100_3079.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Paul,

That's a whole lot transportation you got there Sir!!! Love the color variations as it accurately represents what the vehicles would look like doing their job. So what's on the agenda for 2022, on the German side that is.................

Happy New Year and Prost
Allen (Finally Retired)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

Yet again, outstanding work.

Very well done indeed.

Andrew

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you. One thing that doesn't show up is that the convoy, recovery & maint. drivers & co-drivers are painted as Negros like most were. The AAA crews & mechanics will be done when the dio progresses.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Am I right in thinking the train layout will be broken up and sold Paul ?
You laid that out so well , but room is important .

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dzohn, I was waiting for the end of the holidays before offering the whole shebang as a donation to whomever takes it out of my cave. I don't have room left to do the Dornot or Red Ball dios. I hope they take it and finish it. There is opportunity to expand it in several directions if room is available.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dzohn, I was waiting for the end of the holidays before offering the whole shebang as a donation to whomever takes it out of my cave. I don't have room left to do the Dornot or Red Ball dios. I hope they take it and finish it. There is opportunity to expand it in several directions if room is available.
That's a great idea , hope it goes as one lot then Paul .