A new suit of armour - LAV-25 style.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lovely "detailsmanship" going on here Mike..........I'll park next to JR so's I can latch on to him if he tries to "Hop" up and "Skip" out the door when Matron shows up with his Meds to stop him drooling!;)
Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes younger than me but older than younger than you , very nice indeed.

Hoppity skip :thumb2::nerd:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yes younger than me but older than younger than you , very nice indeed.

Hoppity skip :thumb2::nerd:
Eh.... My head hurts just trying to work that out... ;) :tired: :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andrew, it's in the order of Dude 2(older than Dude 1 and "Magic" Mike), Dude 1 (younger than Dude 2 and "Magic" Mike) Then "Magic " Mike (older than Dude 1 but younger than Dude 2) .....hope this clears it up for you. :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out:;)
Rick H.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Eh.... My head hurts just trying to work that out... ;) :tired: :smiling5:
It means I am in the middle, but if you look at it through a pipe, then I could be younger than than Dude 1 but the uncle of Dude 2, who could be related to Dude 3 who is away at the moment on a government health farm way out in the countryside where you cannot hear the screams from the ice cold enema, although Dude 3 is now happy with their environment. This is not a problem as Dude 3 is just a figment of my imagination, but I will introduce them into the conversation occasionally when I have finished my conversation with the dogs or even better the long and mentally challenging conversations with the well travelled Gobbler who will stare into your soul with their dark eyes and leave you totally drained after a long days mind games, and then just like that he/she will drift back into their shell and await the next conversation. I have known him/her to sit for days working out the first pawn movement on a chess board and before you know it - check mate!!!!

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Lovely "detailsmanship" going on here Mike..........I'll park next to JR so's I can latch on to him if he tries to "Hop" up and "Skip" out the door when Matron shows up with his Meds to stop him drooling!;)
Rick H.
Ahhhhh!!!! but it depends on which comes first the "Hop" or the "Skip", because if you were to set off with the wrong foot, with the wind in the wrong direction and it being the third Wednesday of the month and with no moon, you could make the same mistake as the Crocodiles..... Now everyone knows that Crocodiles have a short memory span, and they were once actually the fastest animal in the jungle with long slim legs that could propel them at great speed. But all the animals would gaze into the high trees awaiting the first leaves of Autumn, and when the leaves started to fall, they knew it was time to leave the jungle as fast as they could.... Because they knew, and it had been passed down through the generations, father to son, mother to daughter, that even though you could not see them, because they paint their toes Pink!!! The Elephants were up there hiding in the Cherry trees...... And as the time reached 5 o'clock - that was the time to flee as the Elephants would jump onto the first passing leaf and float down to the jungle floor..... Just ask any passing Crocodile and what you have read is true, that is why they now have short legs and long bodies. But it is also true that if you speak to someone that does not like custard, they will confirm that upon taking their first spoonfull, that what was on their spoon was not custard, but an Elephant!!! If all the trees are full, then they paint the bottoms of their feet yellow and float upside down in your custard bowl......
I think I see Matron arriving with the luke warm water for my bed bath performed with very little soap and a great big loofah, and a smile on Matrons face that could sink a battleship....

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That would also explain their flat feet.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
It means I am in the middle, but if you look at it through a pipe, then I could be younger than than Dude 1 but the uncle of Dude 2, who could be related to Dude 3 who is away at the moment on a government health farm way out in the countryside where you cannot hear the screams from the ice cold enema, although Dude 3 is now happy with their environment. This is not a problem as Dude 3 is just a figment of my imagination, but I will introduce them into the conversation occasionally when I have finished my conversation with the dogs or even better the long and mentally challenging conversations with the well travelled Gobbler who will stare into your soul with their dark eyes and leave you totally drained after a long days mind games, and then just like that he/she will drift back into their shell and await the next conversation. I have known him/her to sit for days working out the first pawn movement on a chess board and before you know it - check mate!!!!
I did eventually work out that you're in the middle....as for the rest of what you wrote not a scooby about what you're going about but it made me laugh out loud nonetheless!! :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I did eventually work out that you're in the middle....as for the rest of what you wrote not a scooby about what you're going about but it made me laugh out loud nonetheless!! :smiling5:
That was the idea :thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That was the idea :thumb2:
Although at one point I was reminded of Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit and wondered if you had been taking some illicit substances.....

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Now back to the insanity.....
Just finished for the day on the LAV - the vehicle, not the ......
When I left yesterday I was about to start with the exhaust..
20211029_110707.jpg
Here you can see above it has been cut to just under full length and a blank cemented to the end....
20211029_110932.jpg
The exhaust is then c/a'd to the start of the length of pewter sheet and and inside the scribed lines and allowed to set before any work starts....
20211029_110948.jpg
The sheet is then rolled about a quarted around the exhaust and again c/a'd. I found that if I just moistened my thumb and finger I had more grip when rolling and better control. Once the whole sheet had been rolled around, it was then trimmed and a final c/a was laid along the join with the long scalpel.
20211029_112107.jpg
And this is it ready for mounting on the LAV....
20211029_120150.jpg
I used the brass parts for the shield and mounting brackets..
20211029_160240.jpg
And another job can be crossed off the list. The slots under the exhaust are where the grab handles will go.
I was looking through my references and realised that in the kit brass there were the parts to make up the rear observation/protection box and so went to work adding that. As there were no instructions it was a case of cut out the main components and see how they all went together....
20211029_160212.jpg
This is it in its rough finish and yet to be cleaned up and details to be added. Again the armour plate has been added first and textured with non-slip material....
20211029_160146.jpg
And here is a view from the rear, the gap you see is meant to be there as in real life it is two components one bolted to the other...
And that is where I am today.
Cheers
Mike.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking good Mike, Mr. T would approve of all the pewter that's gone into this so far. :thumb2: Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent scratched details. Really looks great Mike……just remember that after you dropped all those elephant jokes there is only ONE way to raise a baby elephant…..