A new suit of armour - LAV-25 style.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Glad to see the modelling continues, and neat, meticulous work as always. For a while I thought the thread had strayed into an Alice in Wonderland type world. Older, younger and in the middle. Then a White Rabbit popped up :rolling:
Jim

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Mike
Glad to see the modelling continues, and neat, meticulous work as always. For a while I thought the thread had strayed into an Alice in Wonderland type world. Older, younger and in the middle. Then a White Rabbit popped up :rolling:
Jim
Thats what happens when the Elephants land, all the rabbits get popped out of their holes.....

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mike

Definitely back to reality.

So far I've only seen it on my phone and it looked good, very good indeed. I've now had a chance to look at it on my laptop and it really is a fantastic build already, the scratchery and adaptions are top draw!! Very well done indeed.

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant work Mike .
I just wish I could manage that amount of detail .

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mike

Definitely back to reality.

So far I've only seen it on my phone and it looked good, very good indeed. I've now had a chance to look at it on my laptop and it really is a fantastic build already, the scratchery and adaptions are top draw!! Very well done indeed.

ATB

Andrew
Many thanks Andrew.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
The armour panel next to the observation hatch has now been marked out and cut out ready for the non slip...
20211031_113901.jpg
Test fitting of the part...
20211031_113924.jpg
And finally in place...
20211031_160251.jpg
And details added.

The rear observation hatch is now complete.
20211031_160238.jpg
20211031_160225.jpg
The top bit of brass on the view port has been left slightly raised to allow for the removal of the 'glass' during painting.
The two panels ahead of these two are also ready to be cemented in place.
From now it is much of the same untill the top is finished, so I will keep quiet untill I start with adding the front lights and guards - this should be fun. So untill then...
Cheers,
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Upgrade,
The top/non slip has been completed except for one small peice near the drivers hatch which will be added once the new hatch is complete...
20211103_162111.jpg
New air filter added just ahead of the turret ring, soon to add the details.
One item I missed when showing my tools was the most important apart from the constant supply of tea...
20211103_162127.jpg
It may be old - but it can still give the ear wax a run for its money - for the uneducated - its a CD player....
20211103_162228.jpg
The new hatch armour is marked out and once the new lip on the hatch is dry and sanded to shape, then I can start with detailing it.
I have been busy with the rear of the vehicle, this entailed a complet new set of doors to replace the 50/50 doors...
20211103_162019.jpg
Detailing also included the towing hitch and changing the electrical outlet from the left to right side....
20211103_162039.jpg
And that is it for today, more later and thanks for all the comments, as always welcome.
Cheers
Mike.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Mike, the Gobbler looks a handsome chappie. What kind is he/she ? I have a marginated tortoise, native to southern Greece. His name is Stanley (courtesy of my daughter). Living here in Cyprus he is in his normal climate so he lives outside all the time. Spends his days snoozing in the sun. Bit like me actually.
John.

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply outstanding Mike..... Another car of where it almost seems a shame to paint it and hosting all stunning scratchery!!

Keep up the great work.

Andrew

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Mike, the Gobbler looks a handsome chappie. What kind is he/she ? I have a marginated tortoise, native to southern Greece. His name is Stanley (courtesy of my daughter). Living here in Cyprus he is in his normal climate so he lives outside all the time. Spends his days snoozing in the sun. Bit like me actually.
John.
Hi John,
He/She/It is a Horsefield, I have nothing to add as it is the SWMBO's pet. It's name is Ronnie, named after her Father. Lives in the spare room in its box 6x2x2 and in the warmer weather it has a pen in the garden or goes walkabout under supervision and explores all around.
Mike.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Simply outstanding Mike..... Another car of where it almost seems a shame to paint it and hosting all stunning scratchery!!

Keep up the great work.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew, Yes it is a shame to paint it, but I have the WIP photos.
Mike.