A Problem on the Ponte Rivetto Contatore...Fusilli, Italy 1944

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I am loving this - excellent work; imagination and execution are first rate and the banter is the icing on the cake:thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Apart from a few bits, I've as good as finished this building.
I took note of my good buddy from across the pond, Rick H, when he wrote the blue building looked like it had been down an aircraft's loo! So I've lightened the shade, added some disgustingly shoddy electric cable and had me some fun with an 'SS' recruitment poster.....and generally scruffed the thing up a bit more.

P1300051.JPG

P1300050.JPG

P1300052.JPG

I need a break from the buildings, so I'll probably set to and finish the work on the various parts of the river.

Cheers,
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the support Gerry.
Glad you like the poster.

I've now completed the water. I didn't want a torrent, more a steady, easy flow.
I added some clear silicone and 'Sculpted' the diddy waterfalls/cascades with a nail. I've added a bit of rippling under the bridge arches. Then a dash of white paint here and there at the bottom of the drop.

P1300061.JPG

P1300063.JPG

P1300065.JPG

P1300067.JPG

P1300066.JPG

P1300069.JPG

I hope you chaps approve and thanks for looking.

At long last it's finally time to plonk the buildings into place and start me some proper wrecking! :hungry::hungry:

Cheers,
Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Great stuff. Love the poster and the wiring although I wouldn't have turned anything on :rolling:
Water looks very good. Cascades seem just right for the amount of water further on past the bridge.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Stunning work as always Ron. Love the buildings, love the bridge, the river.

In case you hadn't guessed I absolutely LOVE it.

ATB.

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you for all your kind and generous comments, chaps. Much appreciated. :thumb2:

'Master'? Nah, like all my buddies here on S.M., I just try and do the best I can with wot is in front of me.....

Here's the buildings glued into their final positions. Now I can really start on the wrecking and general trashing.

The major structural damage has been done on this side of the river.
P1300070.JPG

P1300071.JPG

P1300072.JPG

P1300074.JPG

This side, not so much.
P1300076.JPG

Now, where is that sledge hammer? Bring yours too, 453!

I hope you approve of progress thus far, and sorry it's been so long winded. Nearly at the end.....

Cheers,
Ron

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another masterpiece in the making!

As for us calling you a master, you don't get much choice in the matter! 'Masters' of any trade were traditionally chosen by their peers. There weren't formal teachers and classes, you became a master when your peers decided you were good enough. Your peers on the forum have decided your skills are good enough to rate the title so 'master' it is!

We'll put up with your sheepish grin and apologetic airs 'cos you're like L'Oreal to us! :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Meantime, the more posts the better.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.
Thanks Dave. Idu and the lads have returned to 'The Clacker' It's Idu's birthday tomorrow and I've been invited..... "Man, I jus' had to hov mah favoreet Honky at mah birdee patty"

I've been amassing junk and debris.

Very early in the build, I mentioned how I always keep off cuts of my damaged buildings. Here are two where the main damage will be, all roughly cut up. Where practical, I'm a firm believer in making the complete building and then wrecking it. This ensures more or less, the right amount of rubble and debris per building.
The other piles are bits of tissue paper, clear plastic for glass, loose paper tiles and coffee stirrer rafters.
P1300077.JPG

Some rubble.
Clockwise from top left.
Nice and dry garage and drive sweepings. From our gravel path, some finely crushed stones, same stones not quite so crushed and fine rust from the bottom of our oil boiler which I came across when I took the thing to bits to clean and service it.
P1300078.JPG

Time to apply the mixture......
I'll tackle the street and bridge surfaces first.

Cheers,
Ron

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I've found out the hard way that while some 'stuff' looks great, getting it to adhere to the base with no cracks, is another thing! Good luck (but knowing your expertise, no 'luck' needed!), I shall follow with interest.