A Soft Top... Without the top!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Guys!
Here`s my next build,which i`m thinking will be a partner to my recently built SPG,in a Vietnam Dio :hugging-face: ,
Without more ado.... I give you...........
......... My M35A1 .......
truck9.jpg

Looks a lovely kit,although i have read some not so complimentary reviews?!!:astonished:.... Well,you can`t trust EVERYTHING you hear/read eh?:thinking:....
We`ll see i guess!....
It should be fun:nerd:,
Andy

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I built the basic truck without the guns when that kit was fairly new, and I remember it a bit as Jim says: somewhat intricate to build, but well-detailed. Here’s some inspiration for this particular version :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm in Mr Smith , as long as you don't throw things about and you have our friend Cohen in his winter quarters.
Love to Rach from us both .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Oh Mr. Smiff,

That's a nice kit you have there Andy. Guess I'll have to check in and make sure you don't muck it up. Looks a great build and like Paul said, a bit fiddly too. Just have fun my friend......Oh, and Happy a Ho, Ho, Ho to you guys in Devon (wherever that is)!!!

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I built the basic truck without the guns when that kit was fairly new, and I remember it a bit as Jim says: somewhat intricate to build, but well-detailed. Here’s some inspiration for this particular version :smiling3:

A couple of cool refs there thanks Jakko:smiling:,
Well detailed is spot on!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I think this is a very good kit.
It's not a good representation of Nancy but still a decent Quad .50 guntruck.
Jon.
Thanks Jon!
I agree re it being a good kit,don`t know much about the actual "Nancy",but this seems good enough for me..... so far anyway!!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm in Mr Smith , as long as you don't throw things about and you have our friend Cohen in his winter quarters.
Love to Rach from us both .
HA!! Cheers John,!!
I`ve felt like throwing things already if i`m honest..... but refrained!!:nerd:
Cohan has reappeared from his Hibernation Cave and is back on full form again:thumb2:!!
Rach says "Hi" too!
Andy

Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Oh Mr. Smiff,

That's a nice kit you have there Andy. Guess I'll have to check in and make sure you don't muck it up. Looks a great build and like Paul said, a bit fiddly too. Just have fun my friend......Oh, and Happy a Ho, Ho, Ho to you guys in Devon (wherever that is)!!!

Prost
Allen
Ahhhhh......Mr.Dewire.......
It is indeed Sir,and thank you:thumb2:,
As for "Wherever Devon is"........
Simple mate........
Head out of Europe towards the UK....just before you hit the fantastic Kent coast.....
Hang a left,(Or to "PORT"),and hug the gorgeous coastline of southern England until the natural Godliness glow turns......
..... into THE FABULOUS GOLDEN GLOW OF THE SOUTH DEVON COAST :cool::cool:............
You can`t go wrong,just look out at the people wandering around and you`ll see the HALOs that we all,(Naturally) ,wear!! :thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK Then guys,a brief update.......
As some have said,these kits do seem to be quite problematical..... several times,already,i`ve encountered vague instructions which led to me mis gluing bits!:angry:
I did sort them,kinda,and some other bits just didn`t "Feel" right!
It really is excellently detailed,and also for the cost!!,makes you want to persevere :thumb2::anguished:.......
Pic of running gear assembly,just basically glued........
gt1.jpg
I wasn`t at all confident of this progressing any further,was SURE that stuff was going to go awry ....however,continuing with Primer,Copious amounts OD and then some Rubber tyres..... I`ve ended up with this........
gt2.jpg
Surprise surprise all wheels sit correctly:fearful:!! So up until now i seem to be getting away with it!!......
.... We`ll see though!!
Great to see so many taking an interest in this one Guys!! Thanks for looking in.....
Andy