A Soft Top... Without the top!!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming in nicely Andy!!!

Great work.

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The intricate bits are now mostly over, and well done for getting all the wheels on the ground :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking good so far Andy and thanks so much for explaining where you reside. Don't know about the halos, as I haven't had one since I was 7 years old.........

Great to see that all 10 wheels touch the ground. It's amazing what you can do with different air pressure in the tires though, right???!!! Drive on Sir.........BTW, who won the fight (it is Boxing Day over there, isn't it???)....................................

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice piece of work so far Mr. Smythe......sorry I'm late to the party, didn't know Boxing was allowed in the UK with all the COVID CR*P going on etc. ;) Rick H.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good but I think that the rear tow bar should fit tight into the lower chassis legs, I could be wrong of course.

Andy.
Andy,
Hmmm, good point, looking at it now you could well be right!
I'll check out the instructions and ref pics when I get home :smiling3:
Thanks for that!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The intricate bits are now mostly over, and well done for getting all the wheels on the ground :smiling3:
Cheers Jakko,that`s good to know!! The wheels sitting properly were,i admit,a pleasant surprise!!:thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good so far Andy and thanks so much for explaining where you reside. Don't know about the halos, as I haven't had one since I was 7 years old.........

Great to see that all 10 wheels touch the ground. It's amazing what you can do with different air pressure in the tires though, right???!!! Drive on Sir.........BTW, who won the fight (it is Boxing Day over there, isn't it???)....................................

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen!
Joking aside,the tyres do have a nice "GOODYEAR" on them..... unfortunately when you get close enough to actually READ it,you see how "Balloon Like" the tyres are!!:dizzy:
Andy

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice piece of work so far Mr. Smythe......sorry I'm late to the party, didn't know Boxing was allowed in the UK with all the COVID CR*P going on etc. ;) Rick H.
Cheers Rick!
Thanks for that..... you`re not late...... just not as early as the others;)!!
COVID has been interrupting things for so long it seems:flushed: ..... but,hey...... the Smythe residence is impervious to any external influences,(Apart from "The Discworld" obviously:tears-of-joy::cool:)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A VERY brief interjection from me here.......
Thanks VERY MUCH to "Outrider",(AKA Andy!),for pointing this out:thumb2:,I probably should have realised by reading the instructions further on:anguished:,but,in my defence,i was looking at speeding up the build after encountering,and getting over a few problems along the way!!
All seemed well,so i primered,base coated and continued.... only to notice THIS,after Andy`s post.....
gt12.jpg
I fitted the parts ALA the left hand place,struts into upper chassis box:thumb2:.....HOWEVER,(And surely it`s not just my eyes?!!),in the right hand place,it`s in the LOWER box section!!:rolling: A bit of chopping and carving enabled me to get from this........
gt11.jpg
..... to THIS......
gt10.jpg
Not sure it`s perfect yet,we`ll just have to see! THANKS ANDY though.... that could`ve ended up a complete kit muncher!!:surprised:
Andy