Advance from Normandy.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wow Paul another masterpiece well done my friend.

Reactions: JR

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The building looks terrific Paul. Will make a stunning backdrop for the AVRE.
Cheers
Paul

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on beautifully. Very well done indeed.

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Paul,

You see, I told you I'm not the only one who thinks your work is excellent. The problem is, you're getting too damn good at it!!! Kidding aside, you have done some great scratchy building on the house and the colors are perfectly blended. The blue door, in it's faded glory, is topnotch Buddy. You been following the work of Nouaillier by chance???

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I am calling this done. I am reasonably happy with the result but there is always room to improve and I can see things that are wrong or could be better.
Thanks to all for the comments and support along the way. it is very humbling to receive them.

DSCF3058.JPG

DSCF3059.JPG

DSCF3060.JPG

DSCF3062.JPG

DSCF3063.JPG

DSCF3064.JPG

DSCF3065.JPG

thanks for following all comments welcome

Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul,

You see, I told you I'm not the only one who thinks your work is excellent. The problem is, you're getting too damn good at it!!! Kidding aside, you have done some great scratchy building on the house and the colors are perfectly blended. The blue door, in it's faded glory, is topnotch Buddy. You been following the work of Nouaillier by chance???

Prost
Allen (Ret.)
Hi Allen, you and the other guys are really to kind. I must admit I am pleased with the door I experimented with two different colours over the wood brown. it was sprayed brown then hair sprayed then dark blue then hair sprayed then the light blue. I tried to show the paint wearing and showing the previous colour and then the wood showing through as well. I think MM ran a few articles on him.

I was posting the finished pictures when you posted.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Stunning Paul! You keep pushing your own boundaries. One to be proud of mate.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Paul, I can only say "WOW" and then again, maybe "WOW!!!!!" I don't know what else to say............... The rubble, the greenery, gate, house and of course the Churchy are wonderfully done Sir!!! I can't see what you could improve on other than maybe using a wasserwaage on the dormer the next time, but you had that covered too Bro....

I do have one question though....Are the white cloths on the ground supposed to be table cloths, sheets or something else??? You definitely nailed this one Paul.......

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

PS, how long did it take to place all the rubble where you wanted it???

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ok Paul, I can only say "WOW" and then again, maybe "WOW!!!!!" I don't know what else to say............... The rubble, the greenery, gate, house and of course the Churchy are wonderfully done Sir!!! I can't see what you could improve on other than maybe using a wasserwaage on the dormer the next time, but you had that covered too Bro....

I do have one question though....Are the white cloths on the ground supposed to be table cloths, sheets or something else??? You definitely nailed this one Paul.......

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

PS, how long did it take to place all the rubble where you wanted it???
Many many thanks my friend. Damn I forgot the wasserwagge on the former. Next time lol. Not sure what the white things are but I will go with sheets guess I should dirty them up a bit. As to the rubble I had some bricks I had cast ages ago so I crumbled a few up the just sprinkled them randomly
They were then secured with ballast fix.
Thanks again mate.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Fantastic scene Paul! Should be very pleased with that one. If I could have a finish half as good, I'd be over the moon!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Smashing finish Scottie. You've overtaken me and got your building painted...mines still in plaster.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

• Haha
First Name
Andy
That is a fantasic job yu have done there Paul, something to be proud of.

Andy.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
You'll gather from the posts that everyone is very impressed. I'll simple say the same - superb!
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The blended rubble into the roadway is very cool & you remembered the tracks this time. Great job overall.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Scottie

Absolutely brilliant. Subtle and understated and yet lots look at. Very well done.

Andrew