Aeroplast BM 13-24 Katyusha in 1/35 scale.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Loving the base and building John!

ATB.

Andrew

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You have been busy JR. Wonderful work my friend
Thank you Steve, I've got some Humbrol Enamel on order as well ! Should have painted the base and walls with that first( 2 thinned coats ) They would have made the foam board harder. Resulting in the acrylics not soaking in as much .Always something to learn .

Loving the base and building John!

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew, using those paints that we mentioned, even went over the " steel work " with them, very impressed with the depth .

Jus......Bootyful JR :thumb2: Rick H.

Cheers buddy , hipity hop

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Oh thank you person of great modelling skills. Yes younger than you has done very well .
Here is a gas bottle for you .View attachment 437062:smiling2: Took hrs to put together.View attachment 437067Oh and a barrel , 4 parts so took me 6 times as long:upside:

Thanks Paul, it came out better than I could of hoped.
So you have worked out how to get out of the handcuffs, corset and fishnet stockings while suspended above the wardrobe, tell SWMBO she must try harder......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
So you have worked out how to get out of the handcuffs, corset and fishnet stockings while suspended above the wardrobe, tell SWMBO she must try harder......
No ! :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
To day with the weather as bad as it could be without snow the garden was left.
However I did manage to mark out some bricks, cut them out with a few intact and damaged.
Then mixed up some grey paint and mixed them all in .
Just taken over an hr to separate and leave then to dry, before applying paint to some is the faces.
IMG_20211031_175826385.jpg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello lovers of bricks and stone sets.Yes another update into the world of bricks and stone.

The loose bricks have had another coat of paint.

2021_5.jpg

More detailing to follow on those .

The wall has had the window fitted and been painted both sides.

2021_4.jpg

And the base stone sets have had more paint on them.

2021_2.jpg

Next is the mortar line in the bricks.
Thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.

Attachments

• 2021.jpg
    2021.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 3

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
All looking very good. Brick colouring is spot on. What are the bricks made of? I seem to remember someone on the old forum used cork sheet cutup.
Jim

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi John
All looking very good. Brick colouring is spot on. What are the bricks made of? I seem to remember someone on the old forum used cork sheet cutup.
Jim
Jim
You can now buy a rubber mould to enable you to cast your own, also one for blocks.
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello lovers of bricks and stone sets.Yes another update into the world of bricks and stone.

The loose bricks have had another coat of paint.

View attachment 437759

More detailing to follow on those .

The wall has had the window fitted and been painted both sides.

View attachment 437760

And the base stone sets have had more paint on them.

View attachment 437762

Next is the mortar line in the bricks.
Thanks for looking in.

Dzhon.
Hippity hop,
The blocks and bricks are great. That old window reminds me of the one in the house when I was just a youngster (yes, we had windows back then) all that is missing is the 1 inch gap under the sill.....
Mike.

• Haha

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on VERY nicely John.

ATB

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Jim
Hi and thanks Jim. The bricks are cut out from 5mm thick foam board, with both paper sides removed, so a little thinner than 5 . I've use cork before but it's harder to cut a clean line . I did a base once in cork and learnt the hard way when I covered most of it up with debris.:crying:

Nice work,very realistic,as Jim said the colouring is spot on.

Thanks Mark .

Hippity hop,
The blocks and bricks are great. That old window reminds me of the one in the house when I was just a youngster (yes, we had windows back then) all that is missing is the 1 inch gap under the sill.....
Mike.

You were lucky Younger than me , bet you had glass, we had none !
Thank you for looking in
Coming on VERY nicely John.

ATB

Andrew

Hi mate, thanks for staying with it, bit long winded at the mo with waiting for things to dry before the next stage .

Hoping to get the brick work done in the morning, then can start on the ruins of the buildings internals. Collapsed roof and the remains of the steel work .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi mate, thanks for staying with it, bit long winded at the mo with waiting for things to dry before the next stage .

You think this is long winded..... I'm still working on my SimonT tribute GB Dio.....

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi and thanks Jim. The bricks are cut out from 5mm thick foam board, with both paper sides removed, so a little thinner than 5 . I've use cork before but it's harder to cut a clean line . I did a base once in cork and learnt the hard way when I covered most of it up with debris.:crying:

Thanks Mark .

You were lucky Younger than me , bet you had glass, we had none !
Thank you for looking in

Hoping to get the brick work done in the morning, then can start on the ruins of the buildings internals. Collapsed roof and the remains of the steel work .
No, it was a fireplace in the bedroom, ex army blankets and in the winter a parrafin heater - how I never died amazes me now I know the hazzards....:tongue-out3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wanted to get more done today but with the weather being fine and quite warm I set too and worked on some real masonry. Spent several hrs removing a concrete spur post I had put in ( rather too well ) Now only the remains of the rose frame to do , just 10 wooden posts with post fix ,so shouldn't be as hard . Going to try one a day !

Maybe tomorrow I can do an up date as there is a lot done .