Airfix 54mm Napoleonic French Line Infantry

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb skills as always neil ,fusilier no2 still giving me Cesar Romero vibes though :smiling5: , i dare you to leave his hair green !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Its the movement that your able to capture with the alterations Neil that's so good.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Talk about late to the Party..........Hi Neil. just had a read through and ketchup on this extraordinary little scene. Your "eye" for all the little details that go into this fantastic, "action" packed skirmish is mind boggling! I have no doubt this is going to be a "Winner" when you get to the end Sir. I shall sit tight and watch the rest of the drama unfold. :thumb2:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Looking good Neil. The way you’ve done those buttons is how I used to do boltheads on my railway stuff before nut and disc punches had been invented. Problem I had was that plastic rod at that time only came in 10, 20, and 30 thou, and I really needed 15 thou :disappointed2: so they never looked quite right….
A wrinkle I used once they were in was to drill a suitable hole in a scrap of plastic sheet of the right depth for the nut, place it over the rod, and slice the excess rod off to leave a nut of the right depth. Gave a good even finish so might help with the buttons.
cheers Tim
I had an unexpected bonus from work so I've actually bitten the bullet and bought a punch set...OMG!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Talk about late to the Party..........Hi Neil. just had a read through and ketchup on this extraordinary little scene. Your "eye" for all the little details that go into this fantastic, "action" packed skirmish is mind boggling! I have no doubt this is going to be a "Winner" when you get to the end Sir. I shall sit tight and watch the rest of the drama unfold. :thumb2:
You're no less welcome for being a year late, Rick:tears-of-joy:
Glad to hear you are enjoying it

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I am pleased to announce that paint has been flung!
Actually most of Fusilier 4 was already painted, I just needed to knuckle down and finish him, and I have finally done it, yay!
Hope you like him.Fusilier 4 (2).JPGFusilier 4 (3).JPGFusilier 4 (4).JPGFusilier 4 (5).JPGFusilier 4 (6).JPG
That's all for now, but hopefully now that I am back in the swing of painting I can get Fusiliers 5 and 6 done soon.
thanks for watching
Neil

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
The animation is spot on. He looks like he’s falling even though he isn’t.

But Tim, if he isn't falling (backwards), what is he doing then? You lost me here Buddy.....

Sorry Neil, as I just came across this excellent work once again. You do have that magic touch with figure poses and honestly, your painting skills ain't too shabby either. Good to see you haven't lost your touch. Beautiful work Sir, just beautiful!!!......

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
But Tim, if he isn't falling (backwards), what is he doing then? You lost me here Buddy.....

Sorry Neil, as I just came across this excellent work once again. You do have that magic touch with figure poses and honestly, your painting skills ain't too shabby either. Good to see you haven't lost your touch. Beautiful work Sir, just beautiful!!!......

Prost
Allen
If he was actually falling, he’d very quickly hit the ground Allen…….he is a static figure sculpted as falling, and the sculpt is so good he looks like he is actually moving…..at least I think that what I meant.
Of course, this might be me hallucinating hopped up on pain meds and anti inflammatory pills…..

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent work Neil. The uniform colours look spot-on. If I may be pedantic, the metal work on the musket looks "blued", at this period in history it would have been left in the "white". I am not in any way criticising your work, just me being an a-hole after 60 odd years collecting and shooting vintage and classic firearms. ;) .
John.