Airfix 54mm Napoleonic French Line Infantry

First Name
Bill
Fantastic job, the pose is really amazing and you can see that you have taken a lot of care. The paintwork is spot on, lots of layers and blending, thank you for sharing

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Neil, tbh I haven't been on your post for a while and I have missed a lot. The poses are very natural and just like me, for you patience has its virtue. The experience gained and ruthless decapitations have bared fruit. Sculpturing with existing figures is definitely doable and rewarding without the worry of filling up proportions.
Good progress from technical pencil tip to hob nail and rods to a punch set. The falling/not falling Fusilier...superb pose.

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Excellent Neil. The animation is spot on. He looks like he’s falling even though he isn’t.
Many thanks Tim, that's great compliment.
Sorry Neil, as I just came across this excellent work once again. You do have that magic touch with figure poses and honestly, your painting skills ain't too shabby either. Good to see you haven't lost your touch. Beautiful work Sir, just beautiful!!!......

Prost
Allen
thanks Allen
Beautifully painted Neil.
You're very kind, Jim. I got there in the end!
Excellent work Neil. The uniform colours look spot-on. If I may be pedantic, the metal work on the musket looks "blued", at this period in history it would have been left in the "white". I am not in any way criticising your work, just me being an a-hole after 60 odd years collecting and shooting vintage and classic firearms. ;) .
John.

cheers John, that's interesting to know. I took my cue from re-enactor shots, so I guess they're all a bit too modern. And then again , I've just used regular off the shelf gunmetal paint, so I haven't exactly tried. But I've done four like this now and they will have to stay .
No offense taken and thanks for the compliments

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Fantastic job, the pose is really amazing and you can see that you have taken a lot of care. The paintwork is spot on, lots of layers and blending, thank you for sharing
Thank you Bill. I am still feeling like a novice in the painting department so it's good to hear.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Neil, tbh I haven't been on your post for a while and I have missed a lot. The poses are very natural and just like me, for you patience has its virtue. The experience gained and ruthless decapitations have bared fruit. Sculpturing with existing figures is definitely doable and rewarding without the worry of filling up proportions.
Good progress from technical pencil tip to hob nail and rods to a punch set. The falling/not falling Fusilier...superb pose.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard thank you very much. I don't really consider myself a perfectionist, but I can see it must seem that way to others. I love the term ' ruthless decapitation ' :thumb2: .
I keep telling myself to make at least one of these figures 'Out of the Box', but I just get inspired - I suppose Fusilier 1 actually is as Airfix intended. Glad you find it interesting
ATB hope you're feeling better now?
Neil

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice indeed. He looks very happy with his new “do” Neil. Love the mattress ticking trousers. Last time I did those was on 15mm zoaves. Nowhere near as fine as yours though.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent Neil. I thought you were worried about this painting lark ? You have certainly cracked it now.
John.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
All I can say is....
FAN BLOODY TASTIC !! :smiling3:
Many thanks Andy
Remarkable! :thumb2:
Too kind, Rick
Loving that Neil. Spot on mate :thumb2:
Glad you like him Tim. I've learned a lot from you about this bloody paintings lark!
Your skills with figures always amaze me, Neil. Oh, I'm not suggesting you're an accountant, although you might be great with numbers as well?
Thanks Colin, but sadly it's just figures. If I was better with numbers I would be properly retired by now. And thanks

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Damn, I somehow lost the first half of my thank yous!
I didn't get to the forum all day yesterday so it was fantastic finding all those great comments.
Really impressive stuff Neil. Quite stunning.
Cheers Jim
OMG! Speechless :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Goodness me, thanks Steve
Excellent Neil. I thought you were worried about this painting lark ? You have certainly cracked it now.
John.
Thanks John. I had such a long time away from it I was worried I had forgotten how to do it. Luckily I had made some notes.
Lovely work
Thanks Mick
Superb work neil , the sense of movement is fantastic , cheers tony
Thanks Tony that's a great compliment. This one was a struggle but I got there in the end. I've just realised that I am inspired by the War Picture Library style of illustration