Allen's 1/48 Revell Mosquito B Mk. IV

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The more I see of this wingy thing the more worries I have, seem very technical Dude1 with a selection of clear bits :flushed::sad::worried:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The more I see of this wingy thing the more worries I have, seem very technical Dude1 with a selection of clear bits :flushed::sad::worried:
But no individual look tracks!!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Allen...........just a coupla bumps in the road there. I would strongly recommend canopy masks. Good thing you are well supplied with Adult Beverages.......should help to keep the head cool and the hand steady when it comes to the fiddly parts. ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice start Allen. Lots to think about there…..l.three different side windows….who knew? Good that Revell supplied them though.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Quite sure the destruction sheet says which window to use.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks guys,

Dude 2, no worries and have no fear, you'll do a fantastic job on your build.....After all, yours will be a wreck and that's your specialty Brother, including mud!!!......

Rick, I picked up the beverages at Stammtisch last night. We've been doing Stammtisch at Wagner almost every Thursday evening, since late 1993. I guess you could say I'm a part owner in the place. Good eats and good beer at good prices!!!....No worries Buddy, I'm gonna go with a set of masks and forget about painting the canopy by hand. Too old to try doing that now!!!...............

Thanks Tim, and I really don't think it makes a huge difference which set I use. The destructions don't give you a clue either. At second look, they do though. see below.....

Ian, they show the bubble ones (middle) used in the canopy step and the destruction sprue layout blacks out the other 2 sets. I guess now, they are for other versions of the Mossie. I just hope when I get a mask set for it, the masks will cover the bubble correctly and not let the overspray creep under it.....Or I will hand paint those 2 pieces.........

No progress tonight as I spent over 2 hours trying to decipher and research which paint colors I really need for the Mossie. Had to check 5 different manufacturers destructions for the proper colors and made a cheat sheet of them. Luckily, my AV set has the main colors I need. Revell will have you mixing up colors like Martinis at Happy Hour and that's stupid. It also seems I am going to have to paint as I go and mask later when I shoot the camo.

Thanks for looking and have a great evening everyone. More to follow barring any brain farts..............

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry I missed you there Mick....I was reading your build post last night and didn't post a comment......I think I dozed off, but don't tell anyone.....I'll catch you in the morn my friend and BTW, you are doing great work too!!!............

Mike, John (Dude 2) always does a great job on all his builds, especially on wrecks and the use of fire too.....Wait and see Sir!!!.....

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yeah Dude.......easy with the "F" word please......the whole place could go up without warning!! :tongue-out3:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yeah Dude.......easy with the "F" word please......the whole place could go up without warning!! :tongue-out3:
Fear not my friend, after a series of medication from you know who the desire to set fire to dioramas has faded. However, there maybe a time !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Fear not my friend, after a series of medication from you know who the desire to set fire to dioramas has faded. However, there maybe a time !
I'm certain of that JR........being as you are still listing yourself as a Pyro Consultant!!! :tongue-out3: ;)

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Allen we have plastic cut, paint sorted, refreshments at hand and banter aplenty. Next step must be the sticky stuff.
Exciting this model making :smiling:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening from my rubber room in the ward,

Yes, I do have an update for you fine folks and I'm still able to see straight working in this scale...Miracles do happen!!!......

Rick, JR answered rather well and is actually in therapy as he stated above. Have no fear......LOL!!!....

JIm, Yes Sir, we have been slinging a bit of TET around and and it is exciting too. Please see below....

After snipping off the parts and gluing them together, the rear end looked the easiest to finish up. We ended up with this,

IMG_3032.JPG
Glued the flappy things in the downward position for character. The rudder is moveable and was turned for the same effect. Started sticking other things together and also cleaning up more parts for the interior. Built the bomb racks,

IMG_3031.JPG
Had to built a bomb to insure the pins on the racks lined up with the holes in the bombs themselves. Built the drivers seat and shaved off the seatbelts as they looked awful and under scale. The kit has decals for them, but I might use tape to give them thickness, even though you probably won't see much of them. Moving on with the driver's compartment,

IMG_3029.JPG
A few of the tiny critters were a beatch to clean up. Gluing them in place was accomplished with tweezers and lots of TET. The next round will be painting the interior with AV 71.305, int. grey green where needed and then doing all the other bits in their colors. Thanks to Mark1 for posting the pic of the HK Mossie interior for reference. I'll be using a hairy stick for this as It's not enough to do with the A/B.....Now.......

I do find it odd that the Mossie, being an English wing thingy, had the driver's seat on the left side, and you guys on the Insel, drive on the right side....Wazzup wit dat????....Did it fly in the left or the right side of the sky???....Inquiring minds want to know!!!............

More to come, so please stay tuned. Thanks for looking in and have a great week everyone. Gotta go, beer's cold!!!

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Shhhh Nick, no too loud............I have 3 of them and use the new looking one for the pics. Makes me look Professional......LMAO!!! Hope you are doing well Sir....

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Allen. Well done so far.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So Allen which Beach do you go to?......I usually am at Sun of a Beach when the weather's right!! :tongue-out3: But yer wing thing is coming along nicely......yeah the Brits drive on the WRONG side of the road but that's what happens when you swing swords instead of Colts!;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
But I'm looking forward to your different take on a Mossie. As are others I'm sure.
Including me Mike ! :flushed:
Excuse us Dude 1

Last edited: