Allen's SU-152 "Zveroboy" (Beast Slayer) Trumpeter 1/35

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nah Jim......it's not popular.....we just wanna be here when Allen actually finishes a build. ;) Rick H.
Any bets on this Rick, though with all the time he now has he should managed it, just hope he doesn't add the rocket to the proceedings :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I don't think he owns any paint :tongue-out2: you gotta paint it to finish it.....right?:thinking:;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Getting the wheels level is great - why do you think that I went the way I did :smiling5: :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon All You Crazies,

With over 10,008 comedians out of work now, how did they all end up in my apartment??? You guys are killing me!!! I love ya all........

Don't worry Joe, there's plenty of room for you buddy, oh and Happy (belated) Birthday.......
Actually Andrew and Gerry, the road arms for the wheels are idiot proof. Lucky for me!!!.......
Dude 2, I remember yours and what a great job you did on it. I hope I can do the same......

Now let's talk about rules guys....We don't need no stinking rules at my place!!! My apartment is small, so that social distancing crap just doesn't cut it. Drink more beer and you'll stay healthy. I'm living proof of that.........

Thanks Jimbo, but the third row is the same distance as the first row from the table. You won't miss a thing Sir.....
Now Rick, I'll have you know that this project will get finished and you're right, I don't have any 4BO paint for it. The 55 gallon drum Dude 2 sent me is stuck in customs and I ain't paying €237,95 in duties to get it out.............Oh, and see the PS below..........
No Dude 2, the rockets are coming up after I finish this and Pete's dust queen GB........
Please Lee, let's hope JR (Dude 2) doesn't put that hat on his head never ever again.......

Now for Tim and anyone else building a Trumpeter kit with the KV chassis. WARNING, please note the following,

IMG_2856.JPG
Unless you will paint the drive sprocket on the model, Don't glue parts WC5 and WC6 (mud scrapers) on the chassis. If you do, you can't get the drive sprocket on afterwards (trust me, I know). I will mask the area and glue 5 and 6 on after painting everything..................

So what have I been up to??? Can you say tracks boys and girls??? Now I know why I love Friul tracks so much!!! The Trumpy tracks are nice, but brutal to cut off the sprue and clean up,

IMG_2855.JPG
The KV tracks have the 2 types shown with a guide horn on every second shoe and you get 12 sprues of 'em. This is 6 sprues worth (48 w/horrn+48 w/o horn) and about 9 hours of play invested. Sill got 6 sprues to do. Very time consuming and boring, but the links fit together really good so making the runs shouldn't be a prob at all. Shame I only have a set of Friuls for the T-34/85 and not this...............

Well, it's back to the track grind folks. Thanks for looking in and the hilarious commentary. All C, C and abuse welcome. Enjoy the weekend!

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69

PS, Now just for my Buddy Rick........Lots of paint, but not a drop of 4BO in sight..........................

IMG_2857.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It seems in the morn we are kicking this GB off. Thanks to Lee for taking charge and I do hope to finally finish a GB on time...Here's my Rooskie puppy,

View attachment 444209
And the sprue shots,

View attachment 444210
View attachment 444211
View attachment 444212
View attachment 444214
View attachment 444215
All factory sealed (for your protection) waiting for the starting gun. And next, the instructions/painting guide,

View attachment 444216
View attachment 444217
Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen

That's no puppy Allen! That's a fully grown pitbull with a spiky collar!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Allen
Wouldn't it be great if instructions actually said things like "DO NOT stick part B12 until you have painted part C3 'cause if you do you're screwed"
Tracks look the usual mind numbing exercise but glad they look good.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks for the tip….I think I will do the same as you….I usually end up with more sub assemblies than parts anyway LOL…
Looks like I’ll have to find some good music for the track sessions as well. Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky and Borodin should do it :thumb2:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start allen , i dont envy you with those track links ! Careful though they look like a couple of bowls of cocktail nibbles , one too many beers and you might be looking for some fruils after all ! Prost !
Tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Allen. As you’re a bit further on than me I have a question. What advantage does the “no glue” instruction for the track tensioners give you? As far as I can see they are not adjustable once on the chassis so can be glued solid once in place. Don’t want to do that and mess up a later stage though….

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Tim,

None at all. If you don't glue the idler arm or the tensioner on, the unit will move maybe a mm. not very useful and the 2 pieces would probably fall off. Funny thing, my destructions don't have the "no glue" notice in them for those parts. Strange!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim,

None at all. If you don't glue the idler arm or the tensioner on, the unit will move maybe a mm. not very useful and the 2 pieces would probably fall off. Funny thing, my destructions don't have the "no glue" notice in them for those parts. Strange!!!
Cheers buddy. I’ll glue them up then! The only advantage I could see was to allow the arm to swing before you fit it, so you don’t get the angle wrong. My instructions do have a couple of part number errors as well, so it could actually be a mistake.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks for the tip….I think I will do the same as you….I usually end up with more sub assemblies than parts anyway LOL…
Looks like I’ll have to find some good music for the track sessions as well. Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky and Borodin should do it :thumb2:
Tim this will certainly do
: