Andrew's 1/72 Tamiya Mosquito Mk XIII

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's a result to be proud of Andrew. I've not tried those Flory Washed but you've certainly made them work for you.
Totally agree with that :smiling3:
An excellent result Andrew,as for the Flory washes.... seeing that has certainly made my mind up to get one to use in the future ;)
Looks like the gangs all here Andrew. Great finish you put a lot of hard work into this and it paid off. Sorry to here about your tire incident but I’m glad you got a extra day off. Congratulations.
That looks the nuts those washes certainly seem to work. Does anyone use them for Armour?

Thanks guys for the support, much appreciated!

I can see that the Flory Washes will be a game changer for me, at least on the plane front. I've only used them once and so and SBS would not be appropriate - the blind leading the more informed comes to mind. So when I get the chance I'll start a thread on it, so that other members can comment on how they use it.

Scottie - according to their video on the topic the answer is "yes" but I've not personally seen it done. They also said it can be used on trains, which is what he said it was originally designed for. If I understand if correctly, it's basically a very fine clay suspended in a water based solution.

Thanks again guys!

ATB

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi all

And so with three days to spare Lonesome Polecat is finished.....JUST.....the glue is still drying!

It's unlikely I will have the time to get the full set of pics up before the end of the year and so wanted to get this up to be prove it was done in time.

ATB.

Andrew

View attachment 470309
Andrew, that is a beautiful finish on this Mossie. Particularly impressed with the underside shot. I'll be looking for some of that Flory Wash myself. Glad you made it under the wire with this one! :thumb2: :thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew, that is a beautiful finish on this Mossie. Particularly impressed with the underside shot. I'll be looking for some of that Flory Wash myself. Glad you made it under the wire with this one! :thumb2: :thumb2:

Thanks Rick!! I'm very pleased with it too, even with the skunk issue. :sad: That Flory Washes really is brilliant!! And am very pleased I made the deadline too.!

Thanks as always for stopping by.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Some pictures can be found in the completed GB build section HERE.

The full background on the squadron (409 RCAF) and the plane will be appearing in my ‘Hunters and the Hunted’ collection HERE.

All the best.

Andrew