BA -20 1/35 Scale Russian Armoured Car by Hobby Boss

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking figs John, like the rest I think they are your best till now keep it up. :thumb2:

Neat to see you have the same AB nozzles as me, the 0.15mm one is superb for freehand camo and other small work.
If you have a proper paint mixture and pressure you can use it to even write small letters, the shape of the crown lets you spray very close to the model.:smiling:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great looking figs John, like the rest I think they are your best till now keep it up. :thumb2:

Neat to see you have the same AB nozzles as me, the 0.15mm one is superb for freehand camo and other small work.
If you have a proper paint mixture and pressure you can use it to even write small letters, the shape of the crown lets you spray very close to the model.:smiling:
Fernando thank you. Never tried using the ab that close, hopefully I can try that on the next camo .
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Terrific work on the figures mate. Looking forward to seeing them in place
Thanks mate, the arms are fitted to the officer, managed to get the map case on as well. Have done a wash coat as recommend by Tim. Leaving it to dry over night.
Can anyone tell me should I varnish once dry, don't intend to do ant oil washes, or should I :confused:
Hints and suggestions welcome .
John.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think the officer is perfect, Putie looks like Putie, & the other guy looks like me when I was trying to learn how to surf, stayed in the wave too long, got dumped on the beach & dislocated my shoulder :smiling:. His face is very good, I think, especially the eyes.. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, those are excellent! Top marks on Rookie painting mate.
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow:surprised::surprised::surprised:!!!

You’ve really outdone yourself this time John, without doubt your best figures so far:thumb2:

Wow Si thats lifted the mojo higher than it was, I was pleased with the officer let alone the others. The new wet pallet is working well it seems, thank you.

Very nice John, you must be delighted!!!
Yes Bob I am thank you.Worth all the struggle in the past.

Nice work on the figures John :smiling3:

Cheers Ralph.:smiling:

yes yes yes! :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Thanks Neil, and for giving me the tips for altering figures.:thumb2:

I think the officer is perfect, Putie looks like Putie, & the other guy looks like me when I was trying to learn how to surf, stayed in the wave too long, got dumped on the beach & dislocated my shoulder :smiling:. His face is very good, I think, especially the eyes.. PaulE

Hi Paul thank you, he does have the tendency to fall over or off like some one on a board.:smiling3:

JR, those are excellent! Top marks on Rookie painting mate.
Cheers, Rick H.

Thanks Rick, as long as I keep going fwd I'll be grateful. The biggest problem I think is we don't do figures that much.

Thank guys.

Pretty chuffed with the comments :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
I took some more photos with the Cannon.

IMG_5236.jpgF3.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg F2.jpg
After a struggle I managed to paint the watch hands, though the hour hands looks very thick :surprised::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

Off for something to eat.
Bye.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
It would be safer and easier if you use a camera rather than a cannon next time mate.

Great work as always mate. I expect to see you in the figure GB teaching us how to paint figures. Well maybe just me then :smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It would be safer and easier if you use a camera rather than a cannon next time mate.

Great work as always mate. I expect to see you in the figure GB teaching us how to paint figures. Well maybe just me then :smiling5:
Hi mate thank you, yes rather a poor choice of words :smiling2: No chance of that Steve, me teaching unless they were all blind ! :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:.

John,
The other guys have said it already but great figures, they really look the part.
Thanks Paul.

Great looking trio John. :thumb2:
Cheers Fernando .

John .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I plan to varnish them and start on the Dio base, so out with the snow, at least I will feel cooler !
John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Commander Race those are Awesome!! Your doing great with these. I hope you do more of then in the future in the Race Towers.

• Haha
Reactions: JR