BF 110 D-3 (Dragon Models)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ray

Very nice progress on the cockpit and wheels, this will be stunning when finished.

All the best

Paul

T

treyzx10r

Ray stunning job on that instrument panel looks awesome!!!

Trey

S

sprayman

Many thanks to you for the support, I hope to get a bit more of the cockpit done today.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Didn't get home in time last night to do it but I've PMed you some info this morning.

Cheers

Steve

S

sprayman

Got a few more parts to the cockpit finished, these pics show the MG FF gun area, just 2 more seats and the cockpit walls to do, then the cockpit inner canopy and machine gun points, then thats the cockpit done....pheww...

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice work again Ray. Did you add the "leather" handles on the magazines?

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

Stunning work Ray, you guys really amaze me, you must use a brish with only one brislte and a magnifying glass the size of the Hubble Telescope. Really is amazing what you guys acheive. well done.

Regards

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This is looking real good so far. I am not surprised, but I am impressed!!

Ian M

S

sprayman

As always your positive comments are appreciated and welcomed, its always nerve racking showing your work.Thanks guys.

The leather handles are painted on Steve, I use the superb Panzer Aces leather belt, with a touch of burnt umber touched over them. I do enjoy painting detail, one of the good things about been a auto sprayer, it learns you to have a steady hand. to bore you with a steady hand tip I was told about many years ago, is very simple dont hold your breath, as if you do your heart rate goes up and increases the vibrations through the body as your lungs try and breath, and I also have my Jazz playing, (at the moment Im into Gill Scott-Heron), I find music helps me model.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Aaaah,the revolution will not be televised. Brilliant Scott-Heron.

Cheers

Steve

S

sprayman

Brilliant song, but at the moment hooked on "me and the devil" or to quote him:

"No matter how far wrong you have gone,you can always turn around" I take it he is no modeller then..lol

Last edited:
T

treyzx10r

man thats some great detail work Ray,I did'nt realize how much interior detail was on this ,had to go back to the first page and look at the links again lol

Trey

B

Bunkerbarge

I recorded all 360m albums myself and the wife had on cd, stuck them on my i-pod and leave it on shuffle in the garage. It could be anything from T-Rex to the Fratellis to Beethoven but what I can never understand is if the system is supposed to select 'randomly' why, oh why do I always end up with a Shaggy track!!!

By the way the interior is bringing tears to my eyes. The guns look superb.

S

sprayman

Thank you Trey and Richard, the cockpit contains alot of detail and is very involving, I hope to get the cockpit done today. I have a Fratellis album Richard somewhere I think its the Costello Music album, may have to dig it out not heard it in awhile.

S

sprayman

Beem able to get the gunners seats sorted today, I hope to get a bit more done tonight.

F

Fenlander

I just love the way you can bring out all that detail so realistically the magazines look so real as does the rest , the detail just pops out. Amazing..... not jealous at all...... :sad:

S

sprayman

Thanks Tony, just got the inner canopy nest finished,and yet the cockpit still isn't finished.