BF 110 D-3 (Dragon Models)

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
I just love the way you can bring out all that detail so realistically the magazines look so real as does the rest , the detail just pops out. Amazing..... not jealous at all...... :sad:
what he said!

S

sprayman

Many thanks Trey, The canopy is quite in depth, so going to go the whole hog and have as much of the canopy open as possible, the Dragon model follows these plans very well, but the glass will be last, and there is a lot of masking to do.

T

treyzx10r

been a long time since I've had to mask off a canopy really looking forward to watching you pull this off.There sure is a lot of frame to mask ;)

Trey

S

sprayman

Indeed there is Trey, 10 parts to the open canopy.......should be fun.

Ok cockpit fits like a glove and is dry fitted, time to move onto the nose cannons now.

G

Gomer Pyle

Fabulous paint work and clean building, Ray! I love the way this one is turning out.

/Daniel

S

snapper41

Ray - let me into the secret please; how do you do tyres!?!?!?

S

sprayman

Many thanks guys for the support, no secret snapper but the wheels are easy:

I paint the Tyres Vallejo black/grey, then I do a very light black oil wash over them.

The wheels are painted silver, then dry brushed with black, then the peeled paint effect is done by touching up with silver with a fine brush.Then wash the inner wheel with a black/brown oil wash mix.

S

sprayman

I use a satin coat before a wash, but yes you could use a gloss coat.

S

sprayman

Nose cannons complete, if you get this kit you will need the patience of a saint to set the barrels with the nose points.Set each barrel with the nose cone as a template, or your guns will drift about 2mm out.But all good fun, I came up with expletives I never knew exsisted.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Nose cannons complete, if you get this kit you will need the patience of a saint to set the barrels with the nose points.Set each barrel with the nose cone as a template, or your guns will drift about 2mm out.But all good fun, I came up with expletives I never knew exsisted.
Nice work Ray. As Graham said the expletives are an optional extra but they come in handy. I had exactly the same problem lining up the cannon and ports on the last Me262 I built (Hasegawa).

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

Outstanding work ray, i have just done a catchup on this one, truely amazing, you have a great eye for detail and must have surgeons hands to be so steady when painting.

Well done, outstanding

Andy

S

sprayman

Many thanks guys....I may have the hands...but I dont have the surgeons wages Andy...lol..

S

sprayman

Started to get some of the structure together now, working my own instruction sequence now, due to the fact if you followed the instructions sequence to the letter then you will hit some huge headaches when it comes to the paint job, and a good chance you will cock it right up. The fit of this kit is excellent.

F

Fenlander

It does look a superb kit Ray, cant wait to see it completed, the interior is amazing.

S

sprayman

Many thanks Graham, the fit of this kit falls together with ease, so it makes invisible seaming so much easier.

B

Bunkerbarge

Looking superb again Ray. Your build gave me a bit of inspiration last night and I got my 110 out of the hanger in my Ill-2 flight simulator and went for a flight against a few fortresses! Great fun and you know the interior of the cockpit looked just like yours!!

S

sprayman

Thankyou Richard,Once tried a flight sim....all I heard was bells and whistles and some women shouting pull up, Glad you enjoyed your flight, did you make it back to base.

I need a bit of help the kit says the bombs on this gal are black, now I would of thought they would have been black/green...anyone know or hazard a good guess.Thanks guys.

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cripes! Luftwaffe bomb colours. They could be dark green,black, tan, blue/grey,or just an aluminium colour (to name but a few!). You'll be praying for good old British buff or US olive!

They could look like these.

Have a shufty at this site too,you may choose to paint them the official colour!

www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org - Luftwaffe Resource Center - Bomb Annex

The 110 is looking great.

Cheers

Steve