Lee
Steve. Great pics of the storks. Thanks for sharing

Nick. I very nice pics Thanks for sharing

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Tim. Thanks the Mixed Blue Crows are the ones you need to watch.

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Took a little boat trip to Coquet Island in Northumberland yesterday to see the Puffin Colony!

Difficult buggers to catch on the wing with a little point and shoot from a very rocky boat !!

Also many Eider ducks and very rare Rosete Terns DSC08555.jpgDSC08554.jpgDSC08533.jpgDSC08477.jpgDSC08551.jpgDSC08553.jpgDSC08558.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That looks a fantastic place to visit Steve. We don’t get any of those regularly this far south. The only Terns we get seem to be common tern. Lovely birds, I always think of them as sea swallows. There are a few Puffin off of dancing ledges apparently, but I’ve never seen them, and the only Eider I’ve seen have been at Slimbridge. Love the noise they make though, like a surprised maiden aunt.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Steve Beautiful pics thanks for sharing

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
The other evening 3 Squirrels and a Woodpecker we’re having a fest. 06B9E940-A99E-4DCE-BC1B-0A8C1E24A2F1.jpeg

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
There's some great pictures in this thread!

My house backs on to an area of woodland and old, long-disused sand pits so there is plenty of wildlife hereabouts. However, the resident cat keeps most of it out of the garden.

I did pick up this poor chap recently. I think he'd had a terminal impact with the kitchen window.....

20210112_151844.jpg

A treecreeper I believe.

The last couple of weeks has seen nightingales return to the woods which has been pleasant to listen to from the comfort of my bed....

Nick

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
There's some great pictures in this thread!

My house backs on to an area of woodland and old, long-disused sand pits so there is plenty of wildlife hereabouts. However, the resident cat keeps most of it out of the garden.

I did pick up this poor chap recently. I think he'd had a terminal impact with the kitchen window.....

View attachment 422885

A treecreeper I believe.

The last couple of weeks has seen nightingales return to the woods which has been pleasant to listen to from the comfort of my bed....

Nick

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nick. Glad you found us. I’ve always heard of a bird tries to fly in your window there’s going to be a Wedding. If one flies in your house means death. It’s a old Wives Tale.

Steve. That pics says it all

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Today I stop at my neighbors lake down the road and took this pics. Looks like they were heading to the Lake. The other day they was on the lake with there little ones but I was in a hurry and couldn’t get a shot. EEF35089-17E3-4775-97AC-987DDA0C5FCB.jpegD4244C97-78AF-4203-B4E6-9CA467AD3295.jpeg

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Like I have mentioned before we have a river running through our property so we get a fair selection of ducks. Here is a selection of our baby album.

Mallards

Ducks 2020 3.jpg

Megansers

merganser.jpg

Wood ducks

wood ducks 2.jpg

and Dad

duck 3.jpg

We have some ring necked ducks this year but I haven't got a photo yet.

John

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John thanks for sharing your pics with o could get a closer shot of the baby one I took the other day.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Lee

I have a 500 mm lens that I use to get close. As long as you can hold it still it works well.

John

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee

I have a 500 mm lens that I use to get close. As long as you can hold it still it works well.

John
Sounds like the perfect Camera for Bird Watching or catching natural at its best. Thanks for the info John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
A 500mm must have some heft to it John. I used to use a 300mm prime with a 1.4 converter and that was pretty heavy. Now use a 100-400 zoom because it has a faster and more responsive autofocus. The best way to get good shots is get in closer, but that’s the bit I’m not so good at ;) Long lenses work well, but heat haze reduces quality in the summer. The combination of heat haze and long lens compression can turn out interesting landscape shots though, they look like paintings.