boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
here all the motors univesal jionts fitted now just waiting to have all 4 motors fitted but that will be after water test just got to hope she dont leak to much as this is the most complex hull ive ever built P1020605.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Christopher
Your update never cease to amaze me. So much work and planning. She's looking superb and of course there won't be leaks :thumb2:
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Christopher
Your update never cease to amaze me. So much work and planning. She's looking superb and of course there won't be leaks :thumb2:
Jim
HI Jim well i wish i had your confidence on this regards leaks but i will soon find out as she will be in the test tank soon for 3 hrs an she will first undergo the water pressure tests as she will be loaded up with about 50 pounds of batts to push her over her water line then we will see if the water comes pourin in her but if it does then i will mark on her with a water proof pen to mark where the leak is then a little resin as if theres a hole the resin will find it an seal it
chris cheers for lookin in

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Chris

How will you join the halves together and i assume when not sailing the seven seas it will be kept in 2 pieces

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
What a stunning build Chris, the amount of detail and effort is truly excellent!!!!
an to you also Bob cheers if she was a stug she would be eccellent lol
cheers for lookin in ps but still a lot can go wrong so fingers crossed
ATB CHRIS

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Chris, Love the props, they look superb. Paintwork is great as well.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

How will you join the halves together and i assume when not sailing the seven seas it will be kept in 2 pieces
Bob mate if you look at no'3 pic it shows the big bolts that slip through the holes in the rear section an then its pulled togeather by butterfly nuts an all the eletrics will also meet up by them plugs systems an then when finished sailing (thats assumeing she floats ) i just remove the S/S an then i just undo the butterfly nuts an remove them then gently pull the two halfs apart an then yes Bob you are right she will be standing in the livin room in her cradles stands in two bits till time for sailing again
hows that ?
chris