boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an my freind richard came over to see how far tiger has got as he has'nt a computer to see it an i thought well he has'nt seen it put togeather so i did it an she now lookin like the real ship now she has some colours on hers hull i will be glad when i can spray all the S/S grey P1020619.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Shaping up beautifully Chris.....if all goes well in the H2o dept. I expect things will go a little faster on this once you get the wiring sorted and start hooking things up......can't wait.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
that's looking fantastic, how long before you get paint on the rest?
HI Mark well that depends again on the wheather as cant spray S/S grey till warm wheather as got to be done in garage
cheers for lookin
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Shaping up beautifully Chris.....if all goes well in the H2o dept. I expect things will go a little faster on this once you get the wiring sorted and start hooking things up......can't wait.
HI Rick yes you are spot on with your comments yea if all well in the H2o dept an i get several warm days then it will come on in leaps an bounds but till then all i can do is build other small parts but thanks for stoppin Rick
ATB chris

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Really looking near completion, though daresay you've still got a fair way to go.
Hopefully the weather will hold for a few days now to get the tank testing done :thumb2: ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really looking near completion, though daresay you've still got a fair way to go.
Hopefully the weather will hold for a few days now to get the tank testing done :thumb2: ;)
HI Gerry yes she 's lookin like she should do but as you say there is still quite a way to go on this built so far as she is just a shell you might say as she is in my opinion only about half way built but if warm an sunny today then she will be in The TEST TANK for water tests

an i think she could leak in up to a dozen places where there are glands like for stabilizers as there are 6 or rudder gland or bow thruster gland an the 4 props shafts glands so there are plenty of weak points im a fraid but just got to hope for the best an if she passes them tests then stability tests an a shock test for hull strenght an if she pass's these tests

then there is still so much to build an fit on her an all the eletrics an 4 motors an 2 ESC an PDB an relay's maybe one or two will see on that as at the moment ive only got a vauge idea of what all the workings will be.As ive got to dream all the workins up an how much space ive got inside to fit it all in
CHEERS Gerry for lookin in
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
She is really looking superb. I hope the water tank test goes ok and there are no leaks. Watching this come together shows just how much planning and work is involved.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
She is really looking superb. I hope the water tank test goes ok and there are no leaks. Watching this come together shows just how much planning and work is involved.
Jim
HI Jim good morning to you an yea she has been a complex build over the last 2 yrs an that hull has fought me all the bloomin way so if she pass's all her water tests hopefully today i'll be very pleased but im exspecting there to be leaks so i'll have the resin all ready to go to stop the leak's hopefully as it will be a nail biteing time as i will have to baby sit her sittin in a chair watchin her for any leaks when she in the tank as i must see if ;possible where a leaks starts from so it gonna be a FINGERS CROSSED DAY today an im nervous as heck but as the sayin goes what wil be will be :cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat::rolling::nerd:
ATB Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all water test update well she went into the tank about 11 30 am yeterday an for half an hr no probs an as i sat by her lookin in the open hull an she was weighted down by about 30 pound of 4 big battererys an i saw two tiny leaks like water bubbles come in after a half an hour IMG_6236.JPG

so took batts out an took her out of the tank an then just poured in some resin over the small areas an then back into the tank an put back in the batts an she was ok for near about 3hrs in the tank an no more leaks im pleased to say an the shock test went ok as we lift her up an give her a shake with a big batt in the centre of the hull an jen said no cracking sounds so that test passed ok

an stabilty was reasonable but i think im gonna fit a keel weight on her as i dont want to have to fit all those big batts in when i sail her so the keel wheight will be the way to go SO IN OTHER WORDS SHE PASSED HER TESTS OK an now some picces but they are not that good as over the yrs livin here jen has fitted around my test tank a lot of bushes an plants so i could not get right down to take pics of tiger in the tank an i took about 80 pics an here now ive just picked out the best ones an they are a little blured as the sun light was so bright on the white plasti card super structure it caused a little light reflection so my auto camera cut down the light so not so good pics

anyway 1st picces just in the tank an no batts weghts in her as i just wanted to see how she floats an it did very well

cleardot.gif

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
next pics is where she had tiny bubble leaks there were two one in the bow section an one in the stern section so two pics of the orange resin in the hull to seal the leaks an considering this was a scratch built hull an only a thick as a bit of paper i think she done well this pic the stern leak fixed with resin IMG_6238.JPG