boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking good Chris, Love the props, they look superb. Paintwork is great as well.
AN HELLO Tim yea she lookin her best now in her full warpaint an with the props on as when she will soon be in the test tank i will need everything on her to find out all the information that i need as she will have pressure test an anti roll tests an a shake tests if she passes them then she will be free then to have all her eletrictrics added in her hull so still a lot more to do before as Bob says sailing the seven seas lol
ATB CHRIS

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This is too much, how did the test go ? Hopefully it went with out a hitch. Even if it did that's not a problem for you Chris.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lovely work there, just loving the look of her.
HI Gerry yea she's lookin good an im pleased with her but just got to hope she's built as good as she looks but i will find out soon in the test tank
cheers for lookin in on the build
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris. Looking very good getting closer to the finish I see.
AN HI Lee yes she's lookin a proper lady in her warpaint an yea a step closer to the finish but that still yrs away im afraid as all the eletrics have got to be all thought out an fitted on what does what an how thats provided she pass'es her water tests
cheers for lookin in
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, will you be posting pics of all the different tests and when are you starting? Rick H.
HI Rick yes i'll post pics of her different water tests but at the moment i just have some paint an a quick lauqer touch up today on the hull jionts an when will i start the tests well thats up to mr wheather as the test tank is out side as to big to be inside i'll post a pic or two of it an then you will see what i mean
ATB cheers chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This is too much, how did the test go ? Hopefully it went with out a hitch. Even if it did that's not a problem for you Chris.
AN HI John youre getting a little ahead of me as i havnt done the water tests yet as it out side an the bloomin wheather is raining off an on to do these tests i will need a couple of nice sunny warm days as i will have to baby sit her for the first 3hrs when she is in the test tank as she will be heavly loaded with big batts to push her down above her water line an then hence the water pressure an then to look out for leaks when she's under the water pressure test as it may take an hr or so for the water to find a crack or someway into the hull as even our real new Q/E CARRIER had some leaks
thanks for your intrest in the build John an lets hope she passes :fearful::fearful:
chris ps IF she does leak i think it will be in the props sharfts glands or around that area

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here is the test tank its a 9ft cattle trough that a freind gave me as he could not manage to lift it after me testing my nimitz in it as he had a heart op so had to be carefull an here nimitz in under this pressure test an one tiny small leak which was soon fixed an she then passed my tests with ease carrier build140.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Chris.......that's close, did you need a shoe horn to get it in and out of that tank? Did Jen help you with that or did your mate give you a hand getting that beast in the tub.:thumb2: Rick H.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob mate if you look at no'3 pic it shows the big bolts that slip through the holes in the rear section an then its pulled togeather by butterfly nuts an all the eletrics will also meet up by them plugs systems an then when finished sailing (thats assumeing she floats ) i just remove the S/S an then i just undo the butterfly nuts an remove them then gently pull the two halfs apart an then yes Bob you are right she will be standing in the livin room in her cradles stands in two bits till time for sailing again
hows that ?
chris
That answers my question perfectly Chris. Ta very much

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow Chris.......that's close, did you need a shoe horn to get it in and out of that tank? Did Jen help you with that or did your mate give you a hand getting that beast in the tub.:thumb2: Rick H.

HI Rick haha that made me laugh a shoe horn indeed but yea Nimitz was a nr tight fit had an inch to spare BETWEEN the bow an the test tank but Nimitz was bigger than Tiger so she will fit in ok in the tank an yes jen helped me liftin the carrier in an out

damm thing must have been in an out about 50 times as thats the trouble with a big super carrier there is so much flightdeck over hang an when i built something else on her it altered the balance every time an at times i could not lift her so my neighbour came round an helped jen in an out with the carrier an yes she was a biggy but she looked an sailed lovely an the G/P an hollidaymakers loved her seeing her sailing an i gather she has been put on face book so im told
thanks Rick for your intrest
ATB Chris

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That really is outstanding Chris; if that periodical 'Model Ship Building' was still around I'm sure she would have a starring role and another tranche of admirers; really outstanding work once again!

Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That really is outstanding Chris; if that periodical 'Model Ship Building' was still around I'm sure she would have a starring role and another tranche of admirers; really outstanding work once again!

Steve
HI Steve cheers for your nice comments on tiger build
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an ive got to fit some small lead weights on the ankor chains down in the chains locker so that i will be able to pull out the ankors an hang by the chains when in a model show as so many moddelers just glue in the ankors on their ships so its nice to see the ankor hanginP1020616.JPG