boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great news Chris and a testament to your careful planning and skill. Much impressed!
HI Neil cheers for your nice comment an yea yesterday it was really hot too hot really to do these water tests as i was sweating buckects but i must admit i did say i wanted warm wheather but not that hot an i was shattered by the days end but yes im pleased at how she performed but im gonna fit a keel wheight on to be sure before she sails as then i hopefully wont need all them 4 big batts im hopein to just use 2 batts ABTW good morning to you Neil an glad you are impressed with her
ATB chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic news....now you can get her off the slipway and start fitting out In earnest. Don’t forget to crack the champagne over the bow though LOL....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Fantastic news....now you can get her off the slipway and start fitting out In earnest. Don’t forget to crack the champagne over the bow though LOL....
AN HI Tim yea im pleased but ive got to fit this keel wheight first before i can do any fitting out to improve her stability as i dint need the keel wheight on my nimitz as she dint have much super struckure but tigers super struckure is quite heavy so now ive got to whatch her top wheight she was'nt too bad on stability in the tank but too make sure a keel wheight will be nessasary as i pulled her over to about 15 degreess an then let her roll back to up right an its in a coming pic that she took 3 gentle rolls to be upright so that about right but there will be more exsperimenting at the pond before i can pour over her the champers lol
ATB Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here i added the fourth batt on pressure test as i want to be sure that hull is water tight so yes i know im pushing the limits but thats my idea of a good build an then after this i put all the S/S back on an left it till near 3pm so it was under pressure test for near 3 hrs a then i only took her out because i was overheating from that yellow thing in the sky lolIMG_6260.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO next job is to fit on tiger a counter balance keel wheight an this will take a while to do but thats one major hurdle over thanks all for lookin in
chris an jen