boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I looked in at the right time and just seen the test results. Congratulations! Normally at this point there should be champagne whacked at the bow with a blessing and name officially bestowed. Happy for you Christopher.
Do you have snakes in your part of the country?...if it's here I would wear gloves when tipping any of the stuff that's in the garden.

Cheers,
Richard

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Excellent Chris, very well done sir!!

Thats one mighty fine ship. Looks fantastic in its element!!

Delighted the many tests were successful, as many have said a masterclass in scratching!!!!!!!!!

Thats one big bath, you must be tough bathing outside;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Congratulations Chris, glad it went so well. To have only those few leaks is testimony to your build skill.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Amazing build. Results show some excellent engineering as well. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
And it's Full Smoke (Steam) Ahead!! Steady as She Goes! Great job and Great pics. Chris I would call that more than successful with only a couple tiny leaks. Hat of to you and Jen for getting that test results we were all looking for.....Time to press on Matey! :thumb2: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I looked in at the right time and just seen the test results. Congratulations! Normally at this point there should be champagne whacked at the bow with a blessing and name officially bestowed. Happy for you Christopher.
Do you have snakes in your part of the country?...if it's here I would wear gloves when tipping any of the stuff that's in the garden.

Cheers,
Richard
AN HI Richard many thanks for the congtrats an she will get her champers on her first voyage lol an yea there are some snake here but i dont think ive ever seen any so no worryies
ATB chhris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Congratulations Chris, glad it went so well. To have only those few leaks is testimony to your build skill.
AN HI John cheers for congrats yes i was so pleased that too have only two tiny leaks in her as this hull is as thin as paper but a lot stronger an thank you for your nice comments on my build skills an as i said too Pete thats the end of two yrs of worry on wheather ive built her good or not (PHEW)
ATB TO YOU SIR chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Amazing build. Results show some excellent engineering as well. PaulE
AN THANK YOU PaulE for your nice comments as well an yes this hull turned out better than i thought it would as i exspected at least a dozen leaks or so
CHEERS
ATB CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
And it's Full Smoke (Steam) Ahead!! Steady as She Goes! Great job and Great pics. Chris I would call that more than successful with only a couple tiny leaks. Hat of to you and Jen for getting that test results we were all looking for.....Time to press on Matey! :thumb2: Rick H.
AN HI Rick yea its full smoke or steam ahead AN YEA STEADY as SHE GOES an when ive fitted the metal counter ballance wheight an things then it will be ALL HEAD FLANK SPEED lol an yes i was very pleased at only two tiny bubble leaks as under this sort of water pressure i thought the water would pour in an thanks for your hats off to me very nice of you
ATB to you chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I now realise it's a whole other world when you want your models to be functional rather than just for looking at.

Great work Chris - right first time!

Nick
AN HI Nick yes to make a functional model its a whole new ball game as it takes a lot longer an more money an yrs of patience an plannin but i also love plastic kits got two big plane kits up stairs now to build when i get round to them an many thanks for lookin in an your nice comments
cheers
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Very well done mate that is a great result to a great build.
AN HI Scottie yes im very pleased with the results of the water tests an she proved me wrong as i thought it would leak like oneoh but i was very surpried an i would have loved to have kept her in the test tank longer but it just got to hot for me an i thought well ive got to pack all this away yet as i was shattered when i was done but when she is all built it will be a lot easyier as she will be in her carry cradle s like i do with my norfolk
ATB to you an thanks for lookin in
chris

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That's a great result, looks fantastic on the water as well, and only two leaks - you have to be really chuffed over that!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It’s great to see Tiger in the water. You’ve done a fabulous job with the progress so far and I’m sure the rest of the rest of the build will be just as stunning.
Awesome stuff
Cheers
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It’s great to see Tiger in the water. You’ve done a fabulous job with the progress so far and I’m sure the rest of the rest of the build will be just as stunning.
Awesome stuff
Cheers
Paul
HI Paul i see you had a look then yes im pleased with her just now makin up a keel whight an then it will be onto the eletronics an then i'll have fun cant wait to make a start but first some planning on what goes where
ATB
CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL a small update on whats happening on her an ive been doin more tests on her hull strenght as i was a bit worried about this as its as thin as paper so this morn jen an i did some lift test with big heavy batts in her an all her super struckurer on an

well we loaded tiger up with nearly every thing an with the big super battery an a 12 amp hr batt an all her SUPER STRUCKURE an we lifted as oh it was bloody heavy an held it above the bench for about 5 mins an jen said no crackin sounds at all so ive pushed her on wheight above her design limits an she passed ok an im so pleased god she is strong had 25 pounds of batterys in her an not a hint of crackin at all but i think i will take out the big heavy super battery an buy an fit in two 12 amp hr batts so be easyier to lift tiger in to pond bloody good show im really pleased with her just as well i built her with strenght in mind
chris

Last edited: