boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Excellent Chris

Another test completed and passed, now have a nice cup of tea and slice of lovely cake;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

Sincerest apologies, completely missed the watertightness tests.

Very good you hear that they and the stress tests worked well. As others have said, it's solely down to your planning.

And of course great to see her in her natural environment, even if it is just in the test tub.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An here is the big super battery 20 amp hr with the green straps an i dont think i shall have this one in her when sailing as she will be to heavy to lift an i dont trust the straps as god this batt is really heavy an if that fell on our feet it would break our feet an aIMG_6339.JPG 12 amp hr battery in comparision with my hand

• Wow
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here a better shot of the 12 amp hr batt an i think i will buy another of these an have two 12 amp hr batts in her for sailing as we then should be able to lift her into an out of the pond IMG_6340.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

Sincerest apologies, completely missed the watertightness tests.

Very good you hear that they and the stress tests worked well. As others have said, it's solely down to your planning.

And of course great to see her in her natural environment, even if it is just in the test tub.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew
AN HI Andrew no need to apolagise as we cant all keep up on everything as this foreum is so popular an loads of threads its easy to miss some things an thank you for your nice comments on her an yes im still in the testing an planning stages on her but im getting there but nxt thing i think will be to order that other battery an then have a good think on how all this will come togeather an work
cheers for stoppin an havin a lookin Andrew
ATB chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
HI ALL a small update on whats happening on her an ive been doin more tests on her hull strenght as i was a bit worried about this as its as thin as paper so this morn jen an i did some lift test with big heavy batts in here an all her super struckurer on an

well we loaded tiger up with nearly every thing an with the big super battery an a 12 amp hr batt an all her SUPER STRUCKURE an we lifted as oh it was bloody heavy an held it above the bench for about 5 mins an jen said no crackin sounds at all so ive pushed her on wheight above her design limits an she passed ok an im so pleased god she is strong had 25 pounds of batterys in her an not a hint of crackin at all but i think i will take out the big heavy super battery an buy an fit in two 12 amp hr batts so be easyier to lift tiger in to pond bloody good show im really pleased with her just as well i built her with strenght in mind
chris
You'll have her finished in a week or two then ;) :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You'll have her finished in a week or two then ;) :thumb2:
HI Mark dont i wish but it will be another couple of weeks just planning all an how an what eletrics will be in her an then she will be in the painting stages for the super structure so a heck of a lot more work on her yet to do as if i fininsh her to soon i'll be down to building planes again lol
thanks for lookin in
ATB chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Chris, excellent passing of the test. Would the lighter battery weight offset the ballast for the ship? Just asking.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, excellent passing of the test. Would the lighter battery weight offset the ballast for the ship? Just asking.

Cheers,
Richard
HI Richard yes you could be right about a lighter battery but ive got to think about lifting her an so ive made up some half x half inch steel bars that will be bolted onto the bottom of the keel an this is all done but i will only fit these if they are needed say she is unstable in a high wind as where i sail the pond is a proper concrete pond but up on a cliff top right next to the sea an there is sometimes gale force winds blowin but my nimitz sailed there in these winds ok without the steel keel bars just hope that tige will but if not then on go the keel wheights will show a pic of them on in a little while they may not look glamorus but they will be doin a job an under the hull will not be seen so no worryies on that account BUT THANK YOU RICHARD for your qeustion it shows you are thinkin ahead like i do
cheers for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN now for some pics of them keel weights an there are 4 of them two on the front section an two on the rear section an first pic is of the actual half inch x half IMG_6341.JPGinch steel bar
but here in this pic just the front ones

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Here a full shot of the both of the keel wheights an for now ive just clamped them to the keel as these will be hardly noticed when on an not a big ugly lump of lead like ive seen some boaty guys fit on their boats
chrisIMG_6342.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Excellent Chris, very well done sir!!

Thats one mighty fine ship. Looks fantastic in its element!!

Delighted the many tests were successful, as many have said a masterclass in scratching!!!!!!!!!

Thats one big bath, you must be tough bathing outside;)
THANKS Bob i dint see this blog you put on cant see how i missed this but cheers for the nice comments very nice gent you are sir
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Congrats on the progress Chris, she really is a thing of beauty and a real testament to your modelling skills.
OH HI Mick nice to see you on here an cheers for the congrats an yes she's gonna look a hansom ship when she is finished but still alot to do on her got to build both gun turrets an try to get the barrels to elevate an turn an im hopein to have 3mm yellow ultra bright LED's in the gun barrels so it looks like the guns are firein an maybe a gun fire sound unit but :thinking: will see if my wallet aggrees lol:rolling::nerd::smiling: an all the eletrics to go in her so a lot of thought still to put in her so thanks for lookin in Mick
Chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Absolutely brilliant Chris!