boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What a difference that paint makes Chris.
Sorry I've only just seen this lot of updates, as you can see unable to sleep again so up at this very early time.
Just had a cup of tea and something to eat and a check up the forum.
As you say a lot of fiddly intricate painting, esp on those steps.( They'd never pass British Standards for stairs would they :smiling3:)
Your going to have to take Jen out for another meal at this rate !

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It's a wowee from me Chris, the transformation with the paint on gets her looking more like the Tiger. Fiddly stuff worth the effort.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
I just get more and more impressed with each update. Really interesting to see the level of detail at this stage of the build.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
What a difference that paint makes Chris.
Sorry I've only just seen this lot of updates, as you can see unable to sleep again so up at this very early time.
Just had a cup of tea and something to eat and a check up the forum.
As you say a lot of fiddly intricate painting, esp on those steps.( They'd never pass British Standards for stairs would they :smiling3:)
Your going to have to take Jen out for another meal at this rate !
HI John yes its good to see some paint goin on her as now it seems like im getting some where on the model but its a very complex model an all the stages ive gone through so had to be done as if i jump some stages they will come back an bite me on the bottom lol an yes i was unable to sleep i had that trouble yesterday night as i had a kidney stone pain an a temp of nr a 100 an pain got that bad had so jen called out the ambulance at 3am an they carted me off to hospital an the two young girls paramedics were angels they did more for me than the hos but had C/T scan an all was ok as no stone an doc says i must have pasted it so im now back home again thank goodness . AN yes them stairs They'd never pass British Standards for stairs would they well John thats how they was on the real ship so they had to put up with them yes bloomin danerous an yes im takin jen out sat night for a nice FISH an CHIPS SUPPER
ATB John
chris jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It's a wowee from me Chris, the transformation with the paint on gets her looking more like the Tiger. Fiddly stuff worth the effort.

Cheers,
Richard
AN MANY THANKS Richard as yes the model is gettin there but not as fiddley as that spy ship you built an that was a wonderfull modell as i shew some of my mate an they could not beleive it was so small very well done on it an tiger has still a heck of a lot to do as its so complex a model as the real ship took 20 yrs to build what with desgn changes so mine is following sute lol
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
I just get more and more impressed with each update. Really interesting to see the level of detail at this stage of the build.
Jim
AN HELLO Jim glad you are likeing the build as i cant wait to start fitting it all togeather which im goin to start today after bein in hospital for the last day or so with a kidney stone pain as thats the third time ive had this what a pain but really glad to be home again an the two young girls parmediics were brilliant helpin me at 3am so no sleep that night an hope you are well
ATB chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Starting to really come together now Chris, still find it amazing that you connect the two haves together and it looks so good.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Starting to really come together now Chris, still find it amazing that you connect the two haves together and it looks so good.
HI John many thanks for your nice comments an yes it feels like im getting there slowly an its all now starting to come togeather but still a lot to do on this build will keep me busy for at least another 2 yrs or so

as i spend half my time looking for things that i want at that moment to carry on an its always in the last place i look never the fisrst Aaaaaarrhh an by the time ive found the bit im looking for half the day is gone so i dont get a lot done as

eg. i took all the 24v eletronics out from the steam unit an placed it in a box to keep it all safe an in fact its so safe that i cant find it Aaaaaarrrhhhhh just gets you dont it so more searching for the eletronics for that an when i do find them i'll write on the box whats in there very frustating

an yes John just as well she's in two halves as id never lift it an would not be transportable as when im up the pond one guy who bought one of my ships said to me i dont like the way you cut the ship in half so he's jioned it all up again but when i see him trying to load it into his car after a day sailing it he was sruggleing an i said be easyier mate if it was in two halves an all i got was a grunt from him an he carryied on struggleing so i left him too it as if he had asked i would have helped him but no he dint but you never touch anybodys boat or ship unless you get asked too
ATB chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It's looking absolutely stonking, Chris!
I'm full of admiration for your perseverance.
Top job, sir!
AN HI Neil yes many thanks for your kind comments on this build much appreacaited an yes im pleased at how the build is goin an im now getting it all movin again as its horrible bein stalled for any reason but it will look a lot better when i can get the front half fitted on then she will be looking shipshape lol but i still to do all the work on them two bridges eg. fitting in the lights an the glazeing in the windows an fitting all the window wipers an its gonna be hard to do as there is not much room to work in these so untill i feel confident enough after my recent spell in hos im leaveing them for a bit but it wont be to long as im dying to get these bridges all done
cheers for lookin in
ATB Chris

First Name
Andy
That is looking fabulous Chris but more work than I could manage. The finished article will be something else.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is looking fabulous Chris but more work than I could manage. The finished article will be something else.

Andy.
HELLO Andy yes she is really makin progress towards the finish line about 2 yrs to go lol as there is still so much to be fitted on an you say more more work than you could manage well to me i also feel pooped but havin a little rest an im all ready for another session as i used to set my self a target an most times i acheved it but now its getting complex ive really got to plan ahead

an look through what im doin to make sure that what im doin will not cause any trouble on something eles what will have to fitted on the same bit of deck so its study the plans time again an again as its so easy to get ahead of myself an then if i do then its all down then to reworking that bit an yes i think this will be the best model warship ive ever built an when it is finshed i will pose along side her as she will be too big to lift unless jen help me
CHEERS for havin a look in
ATB chris