boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great job you are doing there Chris, I have nothing but admiration for your skills, patience and determination with this model project.

Andy.
HI Andy nice to hear from you on here an know you are following the build an yes i have a few skills but not as many as i would like as im rubbish on eletrics but ive got loads do on tiger so i just hope i can get them done all ok as most of the eletrics are circuts an jump circuts so not that brilliant but i can manage them

where the skills come in is fitting in the eletronics units an know where an what they will power an how many amps they will take an fitting inline fuses to them to protect the units from power surges an ive got to wire in another main power relay an at the moment i hav'nt got a clue so i will have to study my boat mate diagram to fit it in

as no need too worry about the assorey's relay as its already fitted to the PDB board in pic below an patience yes i have loads of that an mybe determination so two out of three aint to bad lol
chris IMG_4975.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN on the PDB board unit above out of the four 12v output i will have on the 12v output two sockects only that will actually feed any 12v units an the main one bein the steam unit eletric unit that converts 12v into 24v an one output that will feed 12v to a 6v voltage reducer an the last one will feed multible power units
like 12v to feed a 9v reduction unit to power hangar bay lights an 5v reduckion unit an also a 3v reduckion unit so that all should mainly work all that i want to power in the ship like i said at the moment i have just a vauge idea in my thoughts but untill i fit in all these units i just dont know

as they say i will cross that bridge when i come to it
chris

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI CHAPS a few more pics of what ive done on her today an ive fitted in both 44 pins eletric asseirrory plugs an they meet up lovely in the hull jionts an with all the wires an tomorow will be test time again with a circut tester with 12v batt positive conneted to one end of the one wire at a time an test to see if the plugs now fitted will pass current ok through the hull jiont an the 44 pin plug fitted in the stern section belowIMG_6787.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an remember here in between the two funnels will be the ships crane which is still to be built an fitted with several motor launches an they are still to be built also IMG_6797.JPG