boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Niiiiiiice..!!! Looking really good :thumb2: :thumb2:
I know it's a way off but can't wait to see pics of this out on the water.
AN Thanks Mark an yes im afraid it is a way off yrs to be honest but im not goin to hurry as thats what got me in the mess with that mast as was hurrying a bit an getting complacent so now just talking me time an thinking things through before i act an yes hopefully she should look good on the wet stuff with the other boats all sailing togeather
ATB Mark
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Atta boy Chris........she's getting more seaworthy every time I see her. :thumb2: Rick H.
WELL Rick i dont think she will sink after all the tests i put her through in the test tank so she should be seaworthy if not i'll have to get a pair of swimming trunks to get her out lol ATB
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Inspiring stuff, Chris! I'm full of admiration- I struggle to keep interested in a three week build, never mind three years!
HI Neil many thanks for your Inspirion an your admiration- in my tiger build an yes years in a build is a long time i aggree when building a model but i look at it this way to me each part of the main ship are individinall models like that mast to me its a model in its own right an all the other parts are to me models so i think well ive built several models over this nr 3 yrs but then they will all come together to make tiger built an sailabill but each to his own Neil as when you retire as i dont think you are retired i think you will have plenty of time on your hands an then maybe you will do a longer build like i have
ATB to you an yours
chris an jen ps cheers for all your likes on my tiger build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Still following along Chris, just not much to say that has not already been said. A most impressive build!
HI Ian many thanks for your nice comments an really glad you are impressed with the build an nice to know you are following my tiger build an hope you are enjoyin it as much as i am but i must admit i'll be glad when i managed to get all the eletrics done as at the moment ive only got a vauge idea of what i want an what i will be able to get working so onward an upwards lol
ATB to you an yours
chris an jen

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hey Chris, just had a catch up. Good recovery on the pin, she is looking really good mate. :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hey Chris, just had a catch up. Good recovery on the pin, she is looking really good mate. :smiling3:
HI Bob thanks nice to see you on here an yes it was a bit touch an go on that eletric pin as its just as well i made the mast to come to bits for serviceing the radar shafts an gear boxes an resolering any losse wires as if i had just gluded it all togeather that would have been my lot an the lights would not work any more
thanks for having a look at tiger build
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Fantastic Chris, really looks superb

I assume modern warships do not have searchlights as well???

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS a few more build pics an ive finally finished working on the 4 stablizers in the stern section an as can be seen the all the 4 rear stabs are now all linked up to work from the push rods connected to the rudder mounting in the stern
IMG_6773.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN SO far im pleased with how the build is comin on apart from that mast eletric pin hiccup.So im now :thinking: what next an planning ahead a bit the only next step in what comes to mind is now to fit in the accessoryies wireing harness all 44 wires so hopefully i'll be able to fit 22 wire on each sides in rear sectiction an front section an now it gets complex so a lot of thinking to do with the ole grey matter will goin into over time lolIMG_6779.JPG