boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That is a worthy stand-alone model in its own right mate! Good recovery as well!
Steve
CHEERS Steve yes im pleased jen an i managed to repair the mast lights but it was a near thing an yes the mast turned out good as a model in its own right but should look good on its emplacement on the ships main S/S
ATB thanks for stoppin
chris

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
HI GUYS a few more build pics an ive finally finished working on the 4 stablizers in the stern section an as can be seen the all the 4 rear stabs are now all linked up to work from the push rods connected to the rudder mounting in the stern
View attachment 436686
That's a pretty beefy fuse you've got in there Chris. Looks like a 30A - that must be a fair few watts going through the system power-wise.

Loving the updates. I think we all need plenty of notice for the maiden voyage so we can all get along and cheer from the bank.....

Nick.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
CHEERS Steve yes im pleased jen an i managed to repair the mast lights but it was a near thing an yes the mast turned out good as a model in its own right but should look good on its emplacement on the ships main S/S
ATB thanks for stoppin
chris
:cool: Good teamwork mate - Jen should take a Bow!
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's a pretty beefy fuse you've got in there Chris. Looks like a 30A - that must be a fair few watts going through the system power-wise.

Loving the updates. I think we all need plenty of notice for the maiden voyage so we can all get along and cheer from the bank.....

Nick.
HI Nick yes the inline fuse is 30 amps an there are three all told the one that can be seen an two more 30 amp fuses in the glass topped fuse box just to be on the safe side in case of a power surge as the ESC are rated at 40 amps each but to be on the safe side fuses are 10 amps under so they will or should blow in stead of causeing exspensive damage to the eletronics but well spotted Nick nothing up with your eyes then an glad you like these updates on the state of build as its been an still is a long time comin but im getting there an yes it would be nice to see you all at the launching but id hide up in case she sinks lol
ATB
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
:cool: Good teamwork mate - Jen should take a Bow!
Steve
YES Steve jen is a good un an if i want help in any way she is always willing to help as she wants to see this ship built an sailing as much as i do as she helps me with sailing my norfolk as she loves to answer the general public qeustions on the ship so she/s my P/A lol
ATB to you
Chris

Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
YES Steve jen is a good un an if i want help in any way she is always willing to help as she wants to see this ship built an sailing as much as i do as she helps me with sailing my norfolk as she loves to answer the general public qeustions on the ship so she/s my P/A lol
ATB to you
Chris
You are a lucky man mate - treat her well! I may even post a couple of questions to your PA ... !

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hope you are paying your P/A more than the minimal wage!!!

You are putting a huge amount of work into Tiger Chris, and it shows, astonishing !!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ask Chris about the fish nets ! Bob, cost him more than the minimum wage !

Well done to Jen Chris, good to see she helps so much .
That wiring , well would scare the hell out of most people , good luck .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You are a lucky man mate - treat her well! I may even post a couple of questions to your PA ... !
YEA Steve well i treated her to a fish an chip supper tonight an she enjoyed it an i am lucky as its not ALL SWMBO's WHO want to be involed in modeling but she does something similar an that jewerly makin so thats her hobby an you will have to fire away with your question to my P/A LOL
chris an jen

• Haha

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Absolutely amazing stuff. Really impressive. All those wires - nightmare.
Jim
WELL HI Jim just its gonna be a head scratcher with all them wires but better to have enough than run out isnt it i may not use them all but then i can double up on them so they will still get used but i learnt my leasson on norfolk build on that i dint have enough wires so had to refit out another plug with enough wires so more soldering an no not a nightmare jim just gonna be a head scratcher as all the wires are numbered so i know which wire is which at each end but yes i really got to think what i want workin so a list is to be made out soon as i keep forgetting things now
ATB
CHRIS

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
YEA Steve well i treated her to a fish an chip supper tonight an she enjoyed it an i am lucky as its not ALL SWMBO's WHO want to be involed in modeling but she does something similar an that jewerly makin so thats her hobby an you will have to fire away with your question to my P/A LOL
chris an jen
My missus Kate is generous towards my model making Chris - but - her knitting skills are absolutely amazing! Like you and Jen I suspect we complement each other very well (and long may they remain so!) Fish 'n' chips? - you're spoiling her mate, take care, it'll be a full roast dinner next ...!
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hope you are paying your P/A more than the minimal wage!!!

You are putting a huge amount of work into Tiger Chris, and it shows, astonishing !!
HI BOB M8TY yea my P/A is bein paid by fish an chips suppers all i could offer her union an they accepted on her behalf lol an yes im stickin in on the build as i want to get as much done before i have both my jabs flu jab an corvid bosster both at the same time an i think i may be a bit sore in each arm
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ask Chris about the fish nets ! Bob, cost him more than the minimum wage !

Well done to Jen Chris, good to see she helps so much .
That wiring , well would scare the hell out of most people , good luck .
OH John i was hopeing that was all gone an fogotten an yes my wallet still aint recovered but not fishnet stockins but fine meash pretty poly black an i still havnt fited it to the radar yet but she has forgiven me on that an yes she is a good girl to help me an yes the wirein does look a bit complex but hopefully it will all go in well an many thanks for the good luck as i think im gonna need it
ATB chris an jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My missus Kate is generous towards my model making Chris - but - her knitting skills are absolutely amazing! Like you and Jen I suspect we complement each other very well (and long may they remain so!) Fish 'n' chips? - you're spoiling her mate, take care, it'll be a full roast dinner next ...!
Steve
a full roast dinner next ...! Steve mate jens already had that over the stockin bussiness so F/C is a cheap way for me an yummy an glad your kate also helps you also
chris

• Love
First Name
Andy
Great job you are doing there Chris, I have nothing but admiration for your skills, patience and determination with this model project.

Andy.